You can also install the skin by unzipping this file into the skin folder.
- Min. jAlbum version
* Gromit is a skin that produces clean, simple web pages that are responsive to the size of the viewport, and that support swipes on touch-capable devices.
* Customization options include control over page layout (caption positioning, thumbnail spacing, and so on), borders, caption content, font attributes, and colors.
* Albums may include self-hosted videos, YouTube videos, Vimeo videos, and audio files.
* Support for Google fonts and WOFF files.
* Support for Google maps, if images are geotagged.
* Extensive support for metadata display.
* Support for providing links to external sites.
* Albums may include an information page that includes descriptive text, a small image, and an email contact link.
* Navigation tooltip texts may be specified in any language.
* Allows the user to insert a favicon link, a copyright notice, a meta description, a meta robots tag, and Google Analytics code.
* CSS and HTML code may be inserted into the finished albums via entries in the user interface.
* The skin produces valid HTML5/CSS3: it supports all current browsers.
* The skin produces separate slide pages, which is more SEO-friendly than pages that use dynamic routines to display the images.
- Sep 20, 2012
- Last updated
- Sep 20, 2018
- Gromit forum
Commercial use is only allowed if you have a jAlbum Pro license.Modifications of the skin are allowed.
56.0.0 Sep 20, 2018 (current)
* Additional control over title, description, and info page colors when using the Custom style. If you have an existing project that used the Custom style, the skin will make an educated guess about the correct choices for the colors that may now be specified, but you should inspect the colors on the Custom tab when re-opening that project.
* Color settings for text and icons that overlay a theme image moved to the Custom tab. The preset styles default to white text and almost-white icons. If you have an existing project that used one of the preset styles, but on which you had changed the theme image text or icon colors, you will need to switch to the Custom style to make those changes.
* Font settings for text that overlays a theme image moved to the Fonts tab.
* Method for choosing not to display the album title and/or description overlays on theme images changed. If you want to eliminate either of these, set the font size for them to zero.
* Changes to keyboard navigation.
* CSS changes to the info page to improve the layout when the text is not extensive.
* Info page scripts moved from inline to minified file.
* More selective loading of swipe scripts on index page.
* Support for legacy thumbnail links to external sites removed (originally deprecated in version 46 - see the full release notes). If you want a thumbnail to open another web page, you must use a jAlbum web location.
* Video looping (auto-repeat) now limited to self-hosted videos.