- Chris Twist
You can also install the skin by unzipping this file into the skin folder.
- Min. jAlbum version
Most of the jAlbum skins are intended to show photograph albums. However, I needed to show an artist's portfolio, and the requirements are a bit different. Although Mirage was initially intended to display art, it also works very well for photo albums, as long as you don't want to show photo meta-data (e.g. aperture, focal length).
1) Why use the Mirage skin?
- If you want to create an art gallery, I think this is the best available skin.
- Mirage and its 3rd party plug-ins are completely free for personal and commercial use.
- Albums are compliant with HTML5.
- The "variants" feature allows a slide page to contain thumbnails of related images, videos and web pages. This provides a more focussed view than an index page.
- The "superimposed" feature allows you to combine a main image and a secondary image on the same slide page. This can provide extra impact.
- Albums can be viewed in Windows, Linux, Mac, BlackBerry, Android, iPad and iPhone.
- If you want to include videos in your album, your choice of skins is limited. Mirage supports the major video formats, and handles cross-browser inconsistencies.
- With any skin, it is possible to combine multiple albums into a master album, but this is complicated. Mirage simplifies this task by allowing a project to contain Windows shortcuts or Internet shortcuts; this lets you easily copy and paste links to your albums (or portions of albums). Each linked album can be created with any skin.
- An album can contain thumbnail links to web pages. This allows you to include external content that complements your photo collection.
- The number of index page columns can be automatically adjusted, so that the thumbnails fit the width of any browser window.
- Flash-free presentation displays images without distractions, and ensures compatibility with devices that don't support Flash.
2) Other features:
- An album can contain:
-> Images (JPG, GIF, PNG). Images can be zoomed.
-> Videos: Any video that is compatible with jAlbum Video Support is converted to MP4.
-> Alternatively, Mirage Video Support plays supported videos in their original format (MPG, AVI, MOV, MP4, WEBM, OGV, WMV, DivX, Xvid, FLV, SWF, 3GP, YouTube, Vimeo).
-> PDF files.
-> Links to other albums or web pages.
- Video and PDF files are usually embedded, so that they blend with the album's overall appearance.
- A streamed YouTube or Vimeo video can easily be added to an album by a click and drag.
- 44 styles are included.
- Albums display correctly in all the major web browsers.
- Index pages:
-> Each folder is shown as a "folder icon" that contains an embedded thumbnail of any image.
-> A "For Sale" or "Sold" label is superimposed on the thumbnails of paintings that are for sale.
-> A "New" label is superimposed on the thumbnails of new album objects.
- Last updated
- Mirage forum
Commercial use is allowed.Modifications of the skin are allowed.
9.0.0 2017/07/02 (current)
- You do not need to provide the thumbnail and dimensions for a YouTube or Vimeo video. These are determined automatically.
- The thumbnail for a linked web page is usually determined automatically.
- YouTube and Vimeo videos are larger. Previously their dimensions were the same as the embedded video dimensions on the YouTube or Vimeo web page. Now their dimensions are determined by the "image bounds" album setting.
- A linked web page is embedded in a slide page, instead of opening in a separate web browser tab. This allows you to stay in the album while you view an external web page. You can override this behaviour and open the web page in a separate tab.
- The jAlbum 14 "Web Location" feature is supported. This provides a simpler technique for adding YouTube videos, Vimeo videos, linked albums and web pages to an album. Web Locations behave in almost the same way as shortcuts, which Mirage already supports.
- Panoramic thumbnails had a wrong width.