Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19-Jun-2015 03:58 Last Post By: ctwist Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
M3Rocket

Error when generating album with 2 threads on AMD X2
Posted: 07-Mar-2006 07:23
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Tried this with both 6.2 and 6.3. I always get a Java error processing some files when generating album if the number of threads on my AMD X2 machine with XP SP2 is set to more than 1. Since JAlbum starts with 2 threads enabled by default, I always have to reset this to one for any album to be generated without errors. Is this a bug unique to my setup?
davidekholm

Re: Error when generating album with 2 threads on AMD X2
Posted: 07-Mar-2006 08:33   in response to: M3Rocket in response to: M3Rocket
Please post the stack trace for that error. You can set JAlbum to default to one thread by changing the number of threads to one and then select "Save as default" from the File menu.
M3Rocket

Posted: 07-Mar-2006 22:04   in response to: M3Rocket in response to: M3Rocket
Here you go--the error happens at different points with different files. I can't get it to consistently error in one place, but it will always terminate with an error.

An unexpected error occured. Please see detailed description below:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
at BPPFilterProperties.applyDynamicAttributes(BPPFilterProperties.java:125)
at BPPFilterGroup.prepareFilter(BPPFilterGroup.java:83)
at BPPFilterGroup.filter(BPPFilterGroup.java:133)
at BPPFrameHandler.filter(BPPFrameHandler.java:319)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.processFilters(AlbumBean.java:1898)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.makeThumbs(AlbumBean.java:1537)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.access$000(AlbumBean.java:43)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$ImageProcessingThread.run(AlbumBean.java:421)
davidekholm

Posted: 08-Mar-2006 10:26   in response to: M3Rocket in response to: M3Rocket
Thank you. It is a bug that relates to the BluPlusPlus filter. I will move this thread to the BluPlusPlus section for a fix from that author.
ChrisRodgers

Posted: 07-Jan-2012 21:29   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Did this ever get a fix? I downloaded and installed bpp on a fresh install of jA. With the default threads of 4 (I have a quad core), I did not receive an error when I was generating small sample albums (a few images across 3 directories). But when I tried to generate an album with 850 photos across 3 directories with about 50 subdirectories, I got the null pointer error with complaints about not finding one of the thumbnails. The thumb nails are generated files, so to me it sounds like one thread was generating thumbnails from the originals while another thread was trying to reference a thumbnail that had not made it through the first thread yet.

Does anyone know of a simple code fix I can apply? Or if it is more complex, can anyone point me to the code and general guidelines as to what needs to be changed?
davidekholm

Posted: 09-Jan-2012 16:28   in response to: ChrisRodgers in response to: ChrisRodgers
Attachment plugins.zip (180,1 KB)
I believe Armond (the author of BluPlusPlus) has abandoned it. I've made a quick fix that might work. Unzip the attached file thereby replacing the "plugins" folder of the BluPlusPlus skin and see if it works better now. The change I did was to add the "synchronized" keyword to BPPFilterGroup.java:123 so if BPPFilterGroup isn't thread safe, then that doesn't matter now as only one thread will execute that call at a time. However, if BPPFilterGroup has some static shared resources that causes this problem, then it needs to be rewritten.
ctwist

Posted: 19-Jun-2015 03:58   in response to: M3Rocket in response to: M3Rocket
This is fixed in version 4.5.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums