I am using Tiger, and have Jalbum 21, Pro user license.
I added files and new subdirectory album(s) and created jalbum as I have always done. Then upload....
Now it's rewriting the COMPLETE album each time (takes about an hour), and then gives me an error code just at completion.
I have tried 4-5 times and even reinstalled jalbum in case.
The new album I added will not view (Summer 2020) has a red warning error code and the search function will not work.
Below is captured error log:
info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSException: com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 150 Accepted data connection
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.put(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 150 Accepted data connection
... 10 more
Help me out. I have a very good internet connection.
And that one is working just fine. I haven't seen a red warning anywhere else, but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.
The error message suggests that it's failing only to write out the manifest.jmf file, which is the last thing it does after it's uploaded everything else. That file isn't needed for the album, but it's what makes subsequent uploads much faster.
I would try a couple of things. First, connect to your hosting account and delete the manifest.jmf file. Then try the upload again.
The other thing I would try (perhaps at the same time) is to switch to secure uploading, which is often more robust, if you're not already using it. I believe you use Inmotion hosting. If so, you can change your uploading profile in jAlbum to use SFTP on port 2222 (you have to click the Advanced button to get to the spot where you can enter the port number).
I had a suspicion it was a stubborn browser cache, and should have mentioned it sooner.
Before the next time you're ready to upload a bunch of new stuff, you should try the two fixes. I had weird problems on my otherwise-excellent host using regular FTP (both inside jAlbum and with FileZilla), and switching to SFTP magically cured all of it. And once I got a "clean" manifest file successfully uploaded, subsequent uploads have been like lightning.