Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 26-Jun-2020 14:07 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Harrys

Update Macro Close-up album
Posted: 05-Jun-2020 13:03
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

For those interested.
I have updated the "Macro Close-up" album, (jAlbum 20.1 & Tiger 2.13.6 Linen)
All photos are taken in Limburg, the Southern-most hilly part of the Netherlands.
https://www.dutch-landscapes.nl/dutch%20landscapes/macro%20closeup/index.html

Greeting,
Hay (Harrys)

http://www.dutch-landscapes.nl
jGromit

Re: Update Macro Close-up album
Posted: 16-Jun-2020 04:34   in response to: Harrys in response to: Harrys
Wonderful images!

Too bad about those intrusive copyright notices, which draw the viewer's eye away from the subject matter.

Harrys

Posted: 16-Jun-2020 10:01   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Unfortunately too many (beer brewers, funeral insurance, restaurants, hotels, shops, campsites etc. etc.) that use my photos without permission.
Anyone who asks can have a photo.
You're exaggerating a bit with your photo.
I'm not Santa Claus.
MarkusD

Posted: 24-Jun-2020 21:11   in response to: Harrys in response to: Harrys
Harrys wrote:
I have updated the "Macro Close-up" album, (jAlbum 20.1 & Tiger 2.13.6 Linen)
I agree with jGromit, excellent pictures. But, I have to say that there is something else which I'll never understand.

Why does someone who is able to take such excellent pictures and then process them further, only in such an extremely small resolution, not much bigger than the famous stamp? That just does not fit for me. Imagine you would exhibit the Mona Lisa in the size of a stamp in a museum. That would be unthinkable. But on the Internet hundreds of thousands of picture albums are published in a, excuse me if I say this so directly, pathetic resolution. What are you trying to save? Bandwidth in data transfer? Absolutely not. I mean, every day folks transfer videos in resolutions in FullHD, 4K or 8K and then you save a few 100 kilobytes on one picture? That's just ridiculous. I attached a screenshot of what it looks like on a 30" monitor with 2560x1600. This is no fun! If I would be afraid that my big pictures are stolen, I simply don't publish them. So either I share the pictures with the community or I don't publish them at all, very simple.

Please, Harrys, that's not directed to you, that's a statement that applies to 95% of the albums I've come across. And a little bit I see jAlbum as an application or even the skins in the duty to give the user the appropriate tools to choose from.

Create previews and images in a resolution for:
S
M
L
XL
XXL

And after this very simple selection, all other very detailed parameters that can be defined in a skin are based on it. I could imagine that you would see a lot more albums with not so small pictures.

I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear. But I just had to get rid of that.

All photos are taken in Limburg, the Southern-most hilly part of the Netherlands.
I also live near Limburg, but Limburg an der Lahn (Germany) ;-)

Cheers, Markus
jGromit

Posted: 24-Jun-2020 21:36   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
Even on a more typical 24" monitor, there's a lot of unused screen real estate. Those image have been scaled to 720x480. These days, I wouldn't do anything less than 1600x750 or 1800x900, which does well on a 1080p monitor (that still allows for space for browser address bar and popup status bars, etc.). Monitors with greater resolution are much less common, at least today. That will change, of course.

Copyright watermarks are a problem. Yes, I exaggerate, but they really do distract the viewer from the image.

It's not legally necessary to mark the images to protect them. You own your own images, with or without a notice. If you catch someone using one of your images on his site, you can shut him down very quickly by sending a copyright violation notice to his web host (in the U.S., a "DMCA takedown notice" - not sure what the EU equivalent is).

You might, instead, put a small-font copyright notice in the caption area, and certainly put one on the thumbnail page somewhere.

Finally, anyone who is truly intent upon stealing one of your images will have no problem removing the watermark with some basic Photoshop skills.
Harrys

Posted: 26-Jun-2020 13:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Of course it doesn't take much time to remove the watermark / copyright in photoshop.
The website is just to showcase the photos.
If you would like to see some of my photos bigger (HD 1080P) with music take a look at my Youtube channel:
Flowers, Macro, Close-Up,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJnv4nS13JI

Spring,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPXDEbQwt2k

Autumn, Winter
"Somewhere in Time" sung by my friends Toni Willé (Pussycat) & Gordon Smith (Phil Collins)
Music & Lyrics by Daniel Rae Costello
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n34TvFtk72s
jGromit

Posted: 26-Jun-2020 14:07   in response to: Harrys in response to: Harrys
Regardless of size or watermark, wonderful photo's! Thanks for sharing them. :)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums