This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Apr-2020 15:53 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Personal messages
Posted: 16-Apr-2020 12:50

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Is it possible to increase the size of the text field for composing messages?
It would also help if there were vertical scrollbars, to make it easier to review the text.
jGromit

Re: Personal messages
Posted: 16-Apr-2020 15:36   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

There's a draggable resize handle in the message window, at lower right. And when I enter more text than fits in the window, I get a vertical scrollbar.

What device are you using? Your iPad, perhaps? ;)
RobM

Posted: 16-Apr-2020 15:38   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
There's a draggable resize handle in the message window, at lower right. And when I enter more text than fits in the window, I get a vertical scrollbar.

What device are you using? Your iPad, perhaps? ;)

Naturally, at this time of the day. I thought the website was now mobile friendly ;)
jGromit

Posted: 16-Apr-2020 15:53   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

The other problems with private messages are worse, however. URL's don't automatically become clickable links, for example, and you can't really format anything. You can't attach files or screenshots, either.

When a user wants to start chatting about something in PM's, I usually just give him my email address so we can continue the conversation in a better venue.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums