This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Feb-2020 18:14 Last Post By: bleraillez
bleraillez

Is it possible to have an "intelligent" filter menu
Posted: 15-Feb-2020 17:00

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Bonjour, ;)

Since I now have a folder hierarchy of search codes, I wanted to know of it was possible to a lit of menus that are linked. For example I have:

• A decade menu (1910, 1920, 1930...)
  • A family menu (family1, family2...)
  • A persons menu (Bob family1, Ben family2, Louise family1...)

If I select one item in one menu, all the other menus are reduced to items that exist with the criteria. If I select 1910 I only have family1 as a choice and Bob+Louise in the persons menu. As in any store where each selection reduces the choices in the other menus.

Today my site http://www.leraillez.com/famille/ uses hand made search menus that I will have to update manually as new pictures, decades, families... arrive. So an automatic version of this would be great :)

TIA
Laza

Re: Is it possible to have an "intelligent" filter menu
Posted: 16-Feb-2020 08:02   in response to: bleraillez in response to: bleraillez

Sorry, I can't figure out any ways of doing that.
bleraillez

Re: Is it possible to have an "intelligent" filter menu
Posted: 16-Feb-2020 13:41   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza wrote:
Sorry, I can't figure out any ways of doing that.

I totally understand. Just an idea if I may.

Two static lists built during the "Make album"
  • One menu list with: keyword - group it's part of
  • One file list with: file name - list of keywords attached to the image
One active list that starts as a copy of the menu lists. Every time a keyword is selected the list of keywords available is reduced = the menus are "shortened":
  • The first menu selection is like #search=keyword1 => list of images & list of keywords present in these images => display the images and update the menus
  • A selection in an other menu would be like #search=keyword1_and_keyword2 => list of images & list of keywords still present in these images => display the images and update the menus by removing absent keywords.
I'm not a database geek, I just thought of the things I some times do with Excel ;)

Thanks a lot for the huge stuff we can already do thanks to Tiger. I'm constantly discovering new possibilities.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums