This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 26-Jan-2020 22:10 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
cpevsner

What is the difference between the different thumbnail layouts?
Posted: 26-Jan-2020 21:12

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I'm referring to Photoblogger -> Main content -> Images settings panel.

I couldn't find any documentation on this. "Fixed shape grid", "Grid", and "Masonry" all look identical after I build and preview with them.

I'm guessing there's probably some difference in combination with other settings (columns? max page width?) but if so I can't figure it out.

Thanks!
jGromit

Re: What is the difference between the different thumbnail layouts?
Posted: 26-Jan-2020 21:42   in response to: cpevsner in response to: cpevsner

Attachment masonry.png (490.3 KB)
Attachment fixedgrid.png (556.0 KB)
Attachment grid.png (429.3 KB)
They all look very different, to me - see the screenshots. All I did was choose each type, make the album, and preview it. Make sure you're clearing your browser cache when you preview, or you might not see any change.
cpevsner

Posted: 26-Jan-2020 21:53   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Ah, thank you for the illustrations, that's very helpful -- now I see what the intention is for each layout.

In your album, are your source photos very different sizes? Mine are all the same, except that some are portrait and some are landscape. Now that I know what to look for, I do see some differences in the layouts in my album, but they are much more subtle than in your illustrations..

(And yes, I am clearing the browser cache.)

I very much appreciate you taking the time to build an album and post your illustrations!

Charles
jGromit

Posted: 26-Jan-2020 22:10   in response to: cpevsner in response to: cpevsner

Yes, if all your images have the same aspect ratio, the thumbnail layout differences might be very subtle, indeed. Always pays to experiment with a "mixed bag" of test images. :)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums