This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 30 - Pages: 3 [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] - Last Post: 06-Apr-2020 14:48 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
davidekholm

Re: Web Location Target URL Update SSLHandshakeException
Posted: 30-Jan-2020 13:38   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger

Click to reply to this thread Reply
@Karl, I've made yet another service update to v19.3 to take care of the nullpointer exception you reported.
davidekholm

Posted: 30-Jan-2020 13:43   in response to: ORBroncoFan in response to: ORBroncoFan

ORBroncoFan wrote:
Is it possible for the app to ignore the "unrecognized_name" warning exception? In that case, the connection would actually still be made and all would be well

Not sure yet if the host should change some configuration or if jAlbum needs to adjust its code, but you seem to be able to have this error ignored if you add the following java machine option to jAlbum's startup:

-Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false

The location to edit varies depending on your OS. On Window, edit "jAlbum.ini". On Mac, edit the "jAlbum.cfg" file. Select Tools->Open directories->Program directory to access the folder containing these files.
ORBroncoFan

Posted: 31-Jan-2020 21:44   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I did that earlier, and while I don't get the exception, the "Update" function doesn't return the image associated with the URL (although the image URL is retrieved). As well, the "Ok" button remains inactive, so I can't save the object.
karlmistelberger

Posted: 02-Feb-2020 13:39   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
@Karl, I've made yet another service update to v19.3 to take care of the nullpointer exception you reported.

Tried several URLs and got no more null pointers. Title and description were picked up for alle cases tried.

Note, you currently need to add a new web location for the title and description to be picked up.

The layout of the form makes users think they can update the web location when the target title and description have been modified: http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=55929&tstart=0
ORBroncoFan

Posted: 06-Feb-2020 17:14   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Attachment handshake.txt (5.2 KB)
It appears the issue relates to Java's lacking support for SNI (which GoDaddy and others -justifiably- use). I ran the Qualys scan (https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.htm) against my site and it passes all handshake compatibility tests -except- those for Java (see attached).

While it's reasonable for me to consider a web hosting alternative, SNI nonetheless is a viable means for implementing certificates within a shared server environment. Java's errant handling (per Google inquiry) however is not without a solution. This reference recommends extending SSLSocketFactory, It's been nearly 15 years since I've been heads-down into Java, but it looks reasonable - I just don't know the context within jAlbum. Hopefully this, or a similar solution can correct the issue at hand. I love this product. In all the years I've been using it, this is the first "hiccup" for which I don't have a work-around. Thanks for your help, and please let me know if I can do anything.
davidekholm

Posted: 08-Feb-2020 12:16   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger

The layout of the form makes users think they can update the web location when the target title and description have been modified: http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=55929&tstart=0

Yes, it should probably be adjusted. The rule of least surprise should be followed.
ORBroncoFan

Posted: 21-Feb-2020 17:31   in response to: ORBroncoFan in response to: ORBroncoFan

Any update regarding this issue? The "Update Buttons" issue (an off-topic issue introduced to this thread 28.Jan) has been discussed, but the SSL-related Java issue remains. It appears Java is out of compliance (as compared to other browsers and APIs) in raising the exception indicated, Is the class inheritance / extension referenced above an option? Thanks!
davidekholm

Posted: 22-Feb-2020 15:41   in response to: ORBroncoFan in response to: ORBroncoFan

ORBroncoFan wrote:
Any update regarding this issue? The "Update Buttons" issue (an off-topic issue introduced to this thread 28.Jan) has been discussed, but the SSL-related Java issue remains. It appears Java is out of compliance (as compared to other browsers and APIs) in raising the exception indicated, Is the class inheritance / extension referenced above an option? Thanks!

Perhaps, but please tell me what URL triggers this!
jGromit

Posted: 22-Feb-2020 15:45   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Here's one, grabbed from this user's profile page:

https://www.ltan.com/2019fallwedding/
ORBroncoFan

Posted: 25-Mar-2020 23:59   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Is there anything I can do to help?
davidekholm

Posted: 26-Mar-2020 15:20   in response to: ORBroncoFan in response to: ORBroncoFan

That error seems to be caused by a misconfigured server, see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55903477/received-handshake-warning-unrecognized-name

It should ideally really be reconfigured, but I was able to work around the problem in the 19.4b6 update here. If you wish to test it, replace lib/jalbum-core.jar with this file: http://jalbum.net/download/beta/jalbum-core.jar
ORBroncoFan

Posted: 05-Apr-2020 04:53   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

David, I copied jalbumcore as you directed and it still gives me the same error :-(
ORBroncoFan

Posted: 05-Apr-2020 04:58   in response to: ORBroncoFan in response to: ORBroncoFan

Actually - I renamed the old one and copied in your version. But it may have been referencing the old one. When I deleted the old / renamed library, jAlbum errors-out on startup. Is that beta version compatible with 9.3.6?
jGromit

Posted: 05-Apr-2020 06:03   in response to: ORBroncoFan in response to: ORBroncoFan

ORBroncoFan wrote:
Is that beta version compatible with 9.3.6?

No. Install the 19.4 beta from here: https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=56070
ORBroncoFan

Posted: 06-Apr-2020 01:59   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Getting close - Almost there!!! :-)

I am able to create the Web Location page object! 1 new issue though... I enter the Target URL and click Update. The Image URL populates (which is also SSL-based, so that's great), but it retrieves folderimage.jpg instead of folderthumb.jpg (it used to retrieve folderthumb). I can override the URL with folderthumb.jpg and successfully Make Album. Thanks! Larry
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums