This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19-Jan-2020 01:40 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
twineyes

Java error warning after publishing
Posted: 18-Jan-2020 02:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi everyone,

I'm a newcomer here on this forum but a long-time jAlbum user. I've been using jAlbum on macOS and am starting working with the Windows version too, but my problem pertains to the second platform. I get an error message after I publish albums to my webhosting regarding Java:

java.net.MalformedURLException
	at java.base/java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumFrame.openInBrowser(JAlbumFrame.java:2453)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.JPublishWizard$PublishStep.doAfterUploadAlbum(JPublishWizard.java:2177)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.JPublishWizard$PublishStep.access$1400(JPublishWizard.java:839)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.JPublishWizard$PublishStep$19.run(JPublishWizard.java:2040)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

I use Windows 10 (1909) with JRE 8 Update 241 installed; jAlbum is at version 19.2, Java 13, 64 bit. The error message is shown for any of my 3 albums, regardless of size (around 5MB, 35MB and 6.5GB). Turtle and Tiger are the chosen skins.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I didn't find any subject related to this error message.

Thanks for any explanation.
jGromit

Re: Java error warning after publishing
Posted: 18-Jan-2020 02:58   in response to: twineyes in response to: twineyes

What's the URL of the uploaded album?
RobM

Posted: 18-Jan-2020 12:20   in response to: twineyes in response to: twineyes

twineyes wrote:
I use Windows 10 (1909) with JRE 8 Update 241 installed; jAlbum is at version 19.2, Java 13, 64 bit. The error message is shown for any of my 3 albums, regardless of size (around 5MB, 35MB and 6.5GB). Turtle and Tiger are the chosen skins.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I didn't find any subject related to this error message.

A related thread is Malformed URL Exception
Though the solution might not be the same.
davidekholm

Posted: 19-Jan-2020 01:40   in response to: twineyes in response to: twineyes

This problem can occur if your account profile isn't set up right. Ensure that the web address is correct and that the web root folder is correct before you upload.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums