This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 17 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 04-Jan-2020 18:03 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
csb-strapshop

Text formatting in Album Info window
Posted: 04-Jan-2020 11:52

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Tried to format the text in the Album Info window. I could insert paragraph/line feed with HTML tags, but no luck with changing the typeface to italics or bold. Are these formatting tags not enabled in the Album Info window?
jGromit

Re: Text formatting in Album Info window
Posted: 04-Jan-2020 14:23   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

Seems to be working for me if I just insert some simple HTML tags, like this:
This is <i>italic</i> text, and this is <b>bold</b> text.
Please show us exactly what you're doing.
csb-strapshop

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 14:29   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

This is what I do and how it looks in the local result window. Will it be different once I upload it to the web?
csb-strapshop

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 14:31   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I don't see the italic in your sample...
jGromit

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 14:40   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop
Helpful
Attachment ss006456.png (174.7 KB)
Hmmm... No problem for me - see screenshot.

We're going to need to see a live example.
csb-strapshop

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 14:45   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Yes, a live example is needed. The italic/bold does NOT show in the local preview, but is seems ok after uploading to the web! Strange... the live example is to be found on http://www.mcss.se/uhrforum/

Thanks for your effort!

Edited by: jGromit on 04-Jan-2020 08:47, to make link clickable
jGromit

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 15:12   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

Attachment ss006457.png (306.1 KB)
Very mysterious. I've tried everything I can think of, including using both integrated and external browser (Chrome, Edge, and Firefox), with and without the internal web server, and even using your text. The formatting works every time.

Also, in your screenshots, it looks as if the entire album info window is being shown in bold when you look at the local preview. I have no idea why that would be happening.

I'm stumped.
csb-strapshop

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 15:18   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

There are more mysterious things in the preview, the display font does not seem to be correctly shown. I chose Garamond at 125% and what it shows is obviously Helvetica.
csb-strapshop

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 15:19   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

Here are the font settings for this display
csb-strapshop

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 15:23   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

It seems to be the same problem, in the live version on the web the display is correct, so it must be something wrong with the settings for the local preview, maybe only on my computer and browser (Safari for Mac). Nothing serious, it is only awkward having to upload the pages to see the actual results of font/typeface changes.
jGromit

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 15:30   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

I just tried Mac/Safari, and still no problem.

When you upload the album, please include the latest version of the lifeboat.zip file. This contains album setting information. The lifeboat file currently on your server does not reflect the current content of the album, which makes debugging very difficult.
csb-strapshop

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 15:35   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Uploading updated contents incl. latest lifeboat.zip... hang on it will take a while on this slow internet connection in the Swedish woods... check in half hour or so...
jGromit

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 15:45   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop
Helpful
One other thing to try, just to make sure it isn't something strange about your browser - try Chrome and Firefox.
csb-strapshop

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 17:34   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

It sure is the browser (Safari 12.1.2), it looks correct in Chrome. Is there a setting that I can "force" the local preview to be opened in Chrome, although it is not my default browser?
jGromit

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 17:39   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Attachment ss006458.png (307.9 KB)
Well, it's definitely not a settings problem. Using the updated settings from the latest lifeboat file, I get this - see screenshot.

The only other possibility is that somewhere in the album, there's an unmatched HTML tag, perhaps in a comment or title. But I've hunted through the lifeboat files, and can't find one.

So, try creating a test project with just a few images, and a few simple lines of "album info" text. Do italics and bold show up properly when previewing locally? If so, that means that the problem is buried somewhere in the large album, and it's going to be very difficult to find.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums