This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 13 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 26-Jan-2020 16:50 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
John-Simpson

Problems FTP Uploading - to my own website and hosting
Posted: 21-Dec-2019 17:22

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I've changed nothing and tried uploading and it came back with -
clear text sessions and weak ciphers not accepted on this server. Try TLS security.

I then tried my old Dreamweaver FTP Client and that came up with the same error.

Contacted my hosting company - TSO Host, and they couldn't help, but suggested security has been upped and suggested I tried a different server name and if that didn't work use Filezilla. The new server name doesn't show the same error message, but won't show the files on the server even though it appears to connect. Therefore, I can't select a directory to upload my files to.

Using Filezilla with the new server name works fine and I can see all the files and folders and also upload.

I really would like the convenience of using Jalbum FTP client. Any suggestions, please?
jGromit

Re: Problems FTP Uploading - to my own website and hosting
Posted: 21-Dec-2019 17:32   in response to: John-Simpson in response to: John-Simpson
Helpful
Once you're connected with the jAlbum FTP client, try clicking the wrench/spanner icon, the last one on the right, which has a tooltip that says, "Advanced."
John-Simpson

Posted: 21-Dec-2019 18:10   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Nothing happens! Wierd!

I've got to go out now so I will hopefully check in again tomorrow.

Edited by: John-Simpson on 24-Dec-2019 16:01
John-Simpson

Posted: 24-Dec-2019 17:00   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I can connect and upload using, Filezilla but not via Jalbum no matter what I do.

Attached are 2 screenshots of the Jalbum Upload manager. Step 1 and 2

On step 2 screenshot you can see that It connects, but nothing else can be seen. It actually puts a folder there in the wrong place! There is no box for the web address and folder path at the bottom either.

I have been onto the Web Storage people and because FileZilla works fine the say it must be Jalbum that is at fault.

I'm between a rock and a hard place!
jGromit

Posted: 24-Dec-2019 17:31   in response to: John-Simpson in response to: John-Simpson

David will probably want to work on this "hands on" - if so, he'll ask for your login credentials.

I would engage in some "tinkering," but I just don't know how to give someone else instructions for how to "tinker." It tends to be somewhat intuitive.

In the meantime, I can only suggest that you triple-check the entries, comparing what you're telling FileZilla and what you're telling jAlbum. Look at host name, protocol, port number, and so on.
John-Simpson

Posted: 24-Dec-2019 18:42   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks Jeff.

attached is the screenshot of Filezilla.

I don't know why the port doesn't show but pretty sure it is 21.

I'm banned from the PC over Christmas and in no rush for this.

I'll look again after Christmas. If nothing can be done I've got Filezilla or maybe change to Jalbum hosting.

Have a good Christmas.

Edited by: John-Simpson on 24-Dec-2019 17:51
davidekholm

Posted: 26-Dec-2019 18:20   in response to: John-Simpson in response to: John-Simpson

Hi John, Please email me your login credentials to david_at_jalbum_dot_net so I can see if I can reproduce this problem to start with.
John-Simpson

Posted: 26-Dec-2019 19:17   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Sent by email.
John-Simpson

Posted: 10-Jan-2020 17:00   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

David , Any news? Email sent , did you get it?
John-Simpson

Posted: 13-Jan-2020 14:49   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Hi John, Please email me your login credentials to david_at_jalbum_dot_net so I can see if I can reproduce this problem to start with.
Hello David

I've copied you in on the emails to TSOHOST my Internet Server Hosts. In case you didn't get it this is the gist of what they said:

As I was able to check the screenshot you have provided it seems that application, jAlbum or DREAMWEAVER itself does not support the latest secure methods for FTP connection.
And we did upgrade our servers recently to support that as its a requirement.
Unfortunately we cannot revert the upgrade, nor allow access from singular use to use non-secured method for FTP connection.
So you may need to upgrade your application to support that new setup.

They have whitelisted my home PC IP address but it still makes no difference because I still cannot see the folder tree using jAlbum.

Are you able to check please that jAlbum will work with TSOHOSTS?

regards John
davidekholm

Posted: 13-Jan-2020 15:23   in response to: John-Simpson in response to: John-Simpson
Correct
Hi John,

Sorry for the long delay (due to Christmas time and us moving to a new house). I've sent an email to your host and copied you. Let's see what they say.
John-Simpson

Posted: 20-Jan-2020 12:03   in response to: John-Simpson in response to: John-Simpson

Thank You for your help.

Just in case other users uploading to their own web servers have the same problem, I have included the setting that work for me.

Type=SFTP
Server Name= hemlock.tsohost.co.uk or elara.servers.prgn.misp.co.uk
(both servers work on SFTP!)
Port= 2510
Show Full Server directory Tree= UNCHECKED (this is important)
Force UTF-8= CHECKED

unchecking - show full directory tree was completely counter-intuitive because that is what I was wanting to see!

Thank you so much for your help.
Regards John Simpson

Edited by: John-Simpson on 20-Jan-2020 11:05

Edited by: John-Simpson on 20-Jan-2020 11:07
EriX

Posted: 26-Jan-2020 16:39   in response to: John-Simpson in response to: John-Simpson

Uploading -
Have tried all options to upload the album, no success. Had to do it very simple.
If you have installed another FTP transfer module like the one in Total Commander or Filezilla client or similar that you are familiar with, use that instead.
Save your album in an empty folder to trim the files aught to transfer. When transferred the album, locate the index.html and make a link to that. More easy can't it be. No one is perfect.
EriX
jGromit

Posted: 26-Jan-2020 16:50   in response to: EriX in response to: EriX

If you want to use an FTP client to do the uploading, do not try to figure out which files need to be uploaded, and which don't. You'll get it wrong. Just tell your FTP client to upload only new or changed files, then tell it to upload the entire album. Let the software figure out what to do.

https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=54252

Having said that, the jAlbum uploading module is just an FTP client, embedded in the application. It should always be possible to get the settings correct. And using the jAlbum uploader, because it uses a manifest file, should be faster than using a standalone FTP client.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums