This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Oct-2019 14:34 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
joemamas

how to prevent .mov files encoding everytime album is built
Posted: 12-Oct-2019 17:21

Click to reply to this thread Reply
how can I prevent video files encoding everytime album is built? I have a very large album with many .mov & mp4 files that needs revisions often. Everytime I make an album it converts all of the video files which substantial slows down my revisions substantially. Any way to prevent old videos from being all the time?
jGromit

Re: how to prevent .mov files encoding everytime album is built
Posted: 12-Oct-2019 17:55   in response to: joemamas in response to: joemamas

jAlbum reprocesses videos only if it needs to. If you just click Make Album, it should process only new or changed images and videos. Don't ever choose Make All, which forces reprocessing of everything.
joemamas

Posted: 12-Oct-2019 19:20   in response to: joemamas in response to: joemamas

I understand the difference between make all and update. However the videos are processed every time. This large project has many videos and many subfolders as well. with frequent update requests this slows down the revisions for the album.
jGromit

Posted: 12-Oct-2019 20:33   in response to: joemamas in response to: joemamas

(Thread moved - this is not controlled by the skin.)

Well, that's certainly a mystery. Try a little experiment - start a new album project with just a single video and maybe one still image. Make the album. Add another image, and make the album again. Does it process the video on the second "make?"
davidekholm

Posted: 12-Oct-2019 20:53   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jAlbum shouldn't re-encode the videos unless you make changes to video quality or size, but to be really sure, feed jAlbum the already generated mp4 video as the new video sources, then right click each video and select "Do not re-encode". That should effectively ensure that no videos are encoded again, simply copied to the final album.
joemamas

Posted: 14-Oct-2019 18:53   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Rebuilding and then clicking do not encode on each individual video prevented those videos from processing every time. I totally overlooked that option without your suggestion. Seems all good now.

Sorry for the delayed reply. it is a production week. The album has 17886 images and 74 videos across many sub-directories and is still growing. Managing revisions can be messy and video processing was slowing things down. If you're interested in seeing a lot of posh Los Angeles locations I can private message you the link to look at.
davidekholm

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 14:34   in response to: joemamas in response to: joemamas

Yes, please share. (david_at_jalbum_dot_net)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums