This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 29 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 24-Oct-2019 11:32 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Re: jAbum light version without the features I never use
Posted: 07-Oct-2019 11:23   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment UploadHangs.PNG (37.5 KB)
I had now also a hang during an upload, see attached screenshot. After I used the task manager to stop jAlbum and a restart of jAlbum, I could upload the album without problems.
davidekholm

Posted: 07-Oct-2019 14:30   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

André. Let's debug these issues one at a time. If you can't even click the "Dump threads" button, then we need to grab a thread dump using the "jstack" software that's part of Java's JDK, so Install Java 11's JDK, then open a command window and issue:
jps

This will list jAlbum's process ID. Now you can issue:
jstack pid >thread-dump.txt

and pass me the generated thread dump, but ONLY call "jstack" WHEN jAlbum's UI has been hanging for at least 20s.

jAlbum also has a "watchdog" that should produce this file automatically if jAlbum's UI has been hanging for more than 20s. Ensure it's enabled under Preferences->Advanced.
AndreWolff

Posted: 07-Oct-2019 14:38   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Well David, I thought yesterday I had a reproducable issue, but this morning
I could switch skins without hangs, except for the upload hang.
I did now first a clean reinstall of jAlbum and untill now I did not see new hangs.
AndreWolff

Posted: 13-Oct-2019 10:39   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
If you can't even click the "Dump threads" button, then we need to grab a thread dump using the "jstack" software that's part of Java's JDK, so Install Java 11's JDK,
Sorry David, I will not install that, I don't want all that stuff which I never use on my PC.
But I just downloaded jAlbum 19 on my Windows 10 laptop and the first album I tried to make did hang.
After I stopped jAlbum with the task manager, that album could be made without problems.

BTW I have never seen this problem in batch mode.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 15-Oct-2019 10:47
jGromit

Posted: 13-Oct-2019 13:40   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

David, I think you're just being completely unreasonable about this. You should fix AndreWolff's problem. Never mind the fact that no one else is seeing the same thing.

He shouldn't have to provide you with a reproducible test case. It should be good enough for him to repeat over and over that "it's broken." He shouldn't have to do any debugging at all. He shouldn't have to expend any effort whatsoever. You probably know exactly what's wrong, and won't tell him. Because reasons.

You should just consult your crystal ball, then wave your magic wand and make it all better.

And while you're at it, create a custom version of jAlbum that contains only the precise things that AndreWolff uses - the needs of other users are clearly of no concern, and should be disregarded. And while you're at it, fix your software so that it always tells him exactly what coding mistakes he has made. And fixes them. Automatically.
AndreWolff

Posted: 13-Oct-2019 14:10   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
You should fix AndreWolff's problem.
It is a jAlbum Windows 10 problem which I see on two different PC’s and I am so kind to report it.
Never mind the fact that no one else is seeing the same thing.
You mean no one else did take the time to report it yet.
jGromit

Posted: 13-Oct-2019 15:45   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

You are doing absolutely nothing to help debug the problem. You're just whining, and we're sick and tired of it.
davidekholm

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 18:13   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Correct
Let jAlbum 19 auto update to 19.0.5 now. That should hopefully address the hanging
AndreWolff

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 19:07   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I installed this version and tested 8 skins without hangs, but I had a crash with the Lucid and Photoblogger skin, see here.
AndreWolff

Posted: 18-Oct-2019 18:11   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Attachment thread-dump-2.txt (64.6 KB)
Attachment thread-dump-1.txt (33.4 KB)
Attachment thread-dump-3.txt (49.0 KB)
davidekholm wrote:
jAlbum also has a "watchdog" that should produce this file automatically if jAlbum's UI has been hanging for more than 20s. Ensure it's enabled under Preferences->Advanced.
For the first time I saw an automatic dump see file thread-dsump-3.txt
It was A UI problem, I tried to upload an album, but it took a very long tome before the destination became visible. Next I could upload the album, so it was no infinite hang

The file was saved in C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Roaming\JAlbum and this folder did contain two earlier dumpo files, which I did not notice. These files are also enclosed. Sadly I can't tell you how these files wer created.
davidekholm

Posted: 18-Oct-2019 19:57   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

It looks like those thread dumps are from an older jAlbum version (older than 19.0.6, that is), apart from the 3:rd one which seems to indicate a hanging caused by the embedded browser. If that hanging reoccurs, see if it's fixed by running jAlbum on Java 13: http://jalbum.net/download/jAlbum-install.exe
AndreWolff

Posted: 18-Oct-2019 23:57   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
If that hanging reoccurs, see if it's fixed by running jAlbum on Java 13: http://jalbum.net/download/jAlbum-install.exe
Is that version 19.0.6?
All these dumps are from 19.0.5
davidekholm

Posted: 19-Oct-2019 11:14   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
If that hanging reoccurs, see if it's fixed by running jAlbum on Java 13: http://jalbum.net/download/jAlbum-install.exe
Is that version 19.0.6?
All these dumps are from 19.0.5

Yes, the version that runs on Java 13 is v19.0.6
AndreWolff

Posted: 19-Oct-2019 12:03   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Yes, the version that runs on Java 13 is v19.0.6
OK but that is already on another old laptop.

The jAlbum server seems to be very slowly, because I had the same time-out exception again, see screenshots.
But this time no dump file was generated!

Also initially the forum could not be reached, see 2nd screenshot.
AndreWolff

Posted: 24-Oct-2019 11:32   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I haven't seen a hang with this version in the last 10 days, so I assume the problem is fixed with this version. I will now install version 9.0.6
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums