This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 01-Oct-2019 11:49 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jpalik

jAlbum license for my clients
Posted: 24-Sep-2019 10:18

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Is there free storage or a storage plan for people that are not photography enthusiasts that want a presence for a single album or just a few albums.

When I photograph an event, I offer my clients a free link to their event on my website. Sometimes they the accept my offer to display it on my website in the events link. Other times they just want a presence but not available to the general public.

I accommodate the second group by adding it to my website but do not include it in the commercial area. I provide these clients with a stand alone link. Each link ranges from a low of 3 to 4MB per album to 20mb per album.

I am 77 years old. I would like to offer these clients a way to deliver their album to them that is not dependent on my website being in existence.

I see this as a way to introduce them to jAlbum. These people do not have their own websites and buying a 10GB account is way over the top. How can I offer my clients an unlimited way for them to have their albums available without them having to purchase an annual premium storage account for single albums.

An example is the baptism I just finished jpalik.com/CharliesBaptism.

If jAlbum has a solution for this, how would I upload the album to their account.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Jim
davidekholm

Re: jAlbum license for my clients
Posted: 24-Sep-2019 10:53   in response to: jpalik in response to: jpalik

What would you think of us offering a special "event-account" for $5 for 100MB storage forever? Would that be an attractive offering?
RobM

Posted: 24-Sep-2019 10:59   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
What would you think of us offering a special "event-account" for $5 for 100MB storage forever? Would that be an attractive offering?
Forever! Cheap at $5 a year, surely?
jpalik

Posted: 01-Oct-2019 11:10   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Hi David,

Something like this is needed. I would even be willing to offer it to my events clients and put the cost into my events fee. I offer putting it on my website for free but for $5.00 they can have their own place to put this event and up to an additional xx number of mb of photos to share with family and friends.

This would be both a way to promote my event work and jAlbum at the same time. :-)

One other thing to think about is adding a user defined password to allowing access to a jAlbum movie. This is probably the most common question I get is how do I prevent people from seeing my pictures. We both know a password is only as good as someone makes it or keeps it private but at least it would be a way to satisfy the paranoid.

The German privacy law has made publishing event photography a nightmare. Nobody knows how to interpret what the ultimate protection will be.

Lets talk about it.

Jim
jpalik

Posted: 01-Oct-2019 11:16   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Hi Again David,

Sorry for the late reply, I did not get an email notification that you had answered my question.

Jim
davidekholm

Posted: 01-Oct-2019 11:49   in response to: jpalik in response to: jpalik

We will be thinking about a way to provide such "gift" accounts. Remember that you can password protect any folder of a jAlbum gallery already today. If you need to protect a video, put it in such a password protected folder.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums