Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 113 - Pages: 8 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] - Last Post: 30-Sep-2019 19:30 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
davidekholm

Re: jAlbum 18.5 beta for testing
Posted: 07-Sep-2019 14:12   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
I've now added a common word list to the spell checker covering words like "jAlbum", and "jAlbum's" and jAlbum's variables. Please download and run the installer again, cause this change involved 3 changed/new files (the word list is located under progdir /system/commonWords.txt )
karlmistelberger

Posted: 07-Sep-2019 19:30   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
What do you think?
This is an overkill! I think it is nonsense to include a spelling checker into jAlbum, it is a pity that you spent your time to such an item.

Spellchecking as implemented in v18.5b2 is great. It has the basic options available with Firefox and other applications. It's optional and can be turned off.

Personally I enter most text via other programs like Light-room and if I use jAlbum directly, I enter long text first locally in an editor with a spelling checker.

There are lots of users relying on builtin spellchecking.

This forum could use a good spelling checker!

When typing my reply Firefox automatically checks spelling. Thus there is no obvious use for spellchecking by the forum software.
RobM

Posted: 07-Sep-2019 22:13   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
When you press F7 to enter the spell checker dialogue there is a 'Edit dictionary' button. That button is targeting the dictionary bundled with jAlbum, so edits will not survive a new installation. It would be better if it targeted the users dictionary, that would allow easy entering of their own custom word lists.
davidekholm

Posted: 09-Sep-2019 14:01   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
When you press F7 to enter the spell checker dialogue there is a 'Edit dictionary' button. That button is targeting the dictionary bundled with jAlbum, so edits will not survive a new installation. It would be better if it targeted the users dictionary, that would allow easy entering of their own custom word lists.

Ah, the jAlbum keywords will show up as they are classified as "User defined", but they shouldn't be written to the language specific user word list file. I've now fixed that in http://jalbum.net/download/beta/jalbum-core.jar

To clean things up, delete the custom word lists created under config /dictionaries, then install the beta update and restart jAlbum.
davidekholm

Posted: 09-Sep-2019 14:03   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
BTW, your edits will survive restarts, but not edits to jAlbum specific words.
karlmistelberger

Posted: 09-Sep-2019 14:05   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:

Will they survive jAlbum version updates?
davidekholm

Posted: 09-Sep-2019 14:07   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger
karlmistelberger wrote:
davidekholm wrote:

Will they survive jAlbum version updates?

Yes, as long as you don't try to delete jAlbum specific words from the "User word list", they should be saved to the language specific word list under config /dictionaries
RobM

Posted: 09-Sep-2019 21:31   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
I've now added a common word list to the spell checker covering words like "jAlbum", and "jAlbum's" and jAlbum's variables. Please download and run the installer again, cause this change involved 3 changed/new files (the word list is located under progdir /system/commonWords.txt )
The list of jAlbum variables in the commonWords file is not complete, for example videoClipLength and clipLength are missing. I take it that the list is indeed 'common' words rather than all variables.
davidekholm

Posted: 10-Sep-2019 11:06   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
The list of jAlbum variables in the commonWords file is not complete, for example videoClipLength and clipLength are missing. I take it that the list is indeed 'common' words rather than all variables.

Could you pass me a completed version please? The file is under progdir / system/dictionaries/commonWords.txt
RobM

Posted: 10-Sep-2019 11:09   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Could you pass me a completed version please? The file is under progdir / system/dictionaries/commonWords.txt
I’ll try to get it done by tonight, have to go out soon.
RobM

Posted: 10-Sep-2019 12:14   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Attachment commonWords.txt (1.8 KB)
Attached updated list, managed to get it done quicker than I thought it would take.
Added sixteen variable names.
davidekholm

Posted: 10-Sep-2019 12:22   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
Attached updated list, managed to get it done quicker than I thought it would take.
Added sixteen variable names.

Thanks! That many? I used the words known to jAlbum's text editor. It seems it needs an update too then.
RobM

Posted: 10-Sep-2019 12:36   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Attachment commonWords.txt (2.0 KB)
I have just added some more, related to tags. It brings the number up to 192 words, attached new version.
davidekholm

Posted: 10-Sep-2019 12:45   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Thanks.
RobM

Posted: 13-Sep-2019 22:29   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Just tried adding the spell checker to a template (About.htt) page
<ja:ui>
	class AboutUI extends JWebPageUI {
		JTextField aboutHeader = new JTextField(texts.getString("ui.AboutMyPortfolio"), 30).spelling();
		JTextArea aboutText = new JSmartTextArea(8,30).spelling();
and when I try to open the template I get this error
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" bsh.InterpreterError: Error in class initialization: bsh.EvalError: Typed variable declaration : Error in method invocation: Method spelling() not found in class'javax.swing.JTextField' : at Line: 3 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``  	class AboutUI extends JWebPageUI {  		JTextField aboutHeader = new JTextField . . . '' : .spelling ( ) 

at bsh.ClassGeneratorUtil.initInstance(ClassGeneratorUtil.java:968)
	at AboutUI.<init>(BeanShell Generated via ASM (www.objectweb.org))
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JEditPanel.updateImage(JEditPanel.java:919)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JEditPanel.refreshUI(JEditPanel.java:730)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JEditPanel.setAO(JEditPanel.java:342)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JAlbumExplorer.lambda$setEditView$21(JAlbumExplorer.java:3724)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: bsh.EvalError: Typed variable declaration : Error in method invocation: Method spelling() not found in class'javax.swing.JTextField' : at Line: 3 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``  	class AboutUI extends JWebPageUI {  		JTextField aboutHeader = new JTextField . . . '' : .spelling ( ) 

at bsh.BSHPrimarySuffix.doName(BSHPrimarySuffix.java:179)
	at bsh.BSHPrimarySuffix.doSuffix(BSHPrimarySuffix.java:120)
	at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:80)
	at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47)
	at bsh.BSHVariableDeclarator.eval(BSHVariableDeclarator.java:86)
	at bsh.BSHTypedVariableDeclaration.eval(BSHTypedVariableDeclaration.java:84)
	at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130)
	at bsh.ClassGeneratorUtil.initInstance(ClassGeneratorUtil.java:966)
	... 23 more
Caused by: bsh.ReflectError: Method spelling() not found in class'javax.swing.JTextField'
	at bsh.Reflect.resolveExpectedJavaMethod(Reflect.java:378)
	at bsh.Reflect.invokeObjectMethod(Reflect.java:77)
	at bsh.BSHPrimarySuffix.doName(BSHPrimarySuffix.java:176)
	... 30 more 

Edited by: RobM on 13-Sep-2019 21:30
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums