Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 113 - Pages: 8 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] - Last Post: 30-Sep-2019 19:30 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
davidekholm

Re: jAlbum 18.5 beta for testing
Posted: 27-Sep-2019 13:48   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:

So, you're not going to bite on this one, eh? ;)

Well, it might work out fine, but it feel a bit like starting Picasa just to have it spider my hard disk (something I personally don't like). I'll experiment with how fast this is though.
jGromit

Posted: 27-Sep-2019 13:59   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I know what you mean. Picasa tries to hoover up all the images in my skin demo albums, which is not very useful. But I've managed to rein it in and restrict it to the directory where I stash stuff that I'm currently fiddling with.

I only raised the issue because we often see posts in here that go something like, "Where are my projects?! They're not all in the list on the left." A search might help those users.
AndreWolff

Posted: 27-Sep-2019 15:03   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Many power users maintain very large albums. For them, this makes this maintenance easier.
Yes I understand, but in that case it is even more important that the viewers can search in these very large albums.
I think it is better to invest time to make it easy to implement such a search function as building block in skins, because in that case it can be used by both album creators and by album viewers.

The JSON files jAlbum generates gets you far with that, but there's still some JavaScript work to be done by the skin developer
davidekholm wrote:
The JSON files jAlbum generates gets you far with that, but there's still some JavaScript work to be done by the skin developer

That is no problem if you shows the implementation in a simple album like the Minimal skin.
davidekholm

Posted: 27-Sep-2019 16:22   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
I've now decided to call this release jAlbum 19 and offer another 30 day trial for existing users who aren't on an active support & update plan.

I've added support for arbitrary file types to be added to the project's "res" folder without any need to fiddle with filetypes.xml. You need to add such files directly to the underlying "res" folder though (not via jAlbum currently)
jGromit

Posted: 27-Sep-2019 16:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
I've now decided to call this release jAlbum 19....

You need some jazzy names for the major releases, like jAlbum Armadillo or jAlbum Stratocruiser.
davidekholm

Posted: 28-Sep-2019 07:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
I've now decided to call this release jAlbum 19....

You need some jazzy names for the major releases, like jAlbum Armadillo or jAlbum Stratocruiser.

Yeah, I know that's how it's done in this industry these days. Dor is a conservative frog, isn't he? BTW: I repackaged new installers yesterday. It's called v19b1 now (also updating underlying 3:rd party libraries just to stay current: JNA and Groovy)
RobM

Posted: 28-Sep-2019 09:35   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
BTW: I repackaged new installers yesterday. It's called v19b1 now (also updating underlying 3:rd party libraries just to stay current: JNA and Groovy)
Does that mean Groovy is no longer an experimental alpha? The sharp release was scheduled for Q1 2019 but I don’t recall a formal announcement.
davidekholm

Posted: 28-Sep-2019 13:39   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Yes, now it’s b3 instead, and I have no plans to dump Groovy
davidekholm

Posted: 30-Sep-2019 19:30   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums