This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 19 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 26 Dec 19, 18:59 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Hihosland

upload problems
Posted: 26 Aug 19, 09:28

Click to reply to this thread Reply
using Tiger (12meg) or Minimum (8 meg) skins when trying to upload an album to my website
jalbum

1...creates and installs new folder on target site
2...creates and installs several new empty files within that folder
3...upload process then indicates 0.4meg loaded
4...gets stuck uploading a zip file
5...the "time remaining" indication just climbs higher and higher until the process aborts

any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.
thank you
RobM

Re: upload problems
Posted: 26 Aug 19, 10:37   in response to: Hihosland in response to: Hihosland

Normally, if there are pages uploaded, a link to the album is usually helpful.
Have you tried creating and uploading a small test album?
Can you upload the problem album using an external FTP client, like Filezilla.
What are the empty files?
JeffTucker

Posted: 26 Aug 19, 13:30   in response to: Hihosland in response to: Hihosland

(Thread moved - once the album has been created, the skin's job is done. The jAlbum core does the uploading, and it doesn't know or care which skin was used to create the files it's moving.)
Hihosland

Posted: 26 Aug 19, 13:41   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

lifeboat.zip
index.html
humans.txt
folderthumb.jpeg
deep-data.json
folderimage.jpeg
data1.json
album.rss

are the empty files created,
upload seems to get stuck on lifeboat.zip
JeffTucker

Posted: 26 Aug 19, 14:05   in response to: Hihosland in response to: Hihosland

None of those files should be empty - they all have some content. And lifeboat.zip is pretty plain vanilla. It can get a bit large if your album includes things like background music, but nothing extraordinary (it's mostly just a packed file containing your project settings, some of the little text control files for album-building, and so on - nothing weird).

So, does FileZilla work? If so, with what settings (protocol, encryption, port)?
Hihosland

Posted: 26 Aug 19, 23:17   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Filezilla zilla does work OK
I attempted to upload my album using FIlezilla and all the files arrived at the destination site AOK.
However I could not get it to run,
I think that I may have loaded to wrong folder or some such error.

I suspect that my problems are some settings within jalbum
but am not sure what the correct ones are and what values they should hold.

Obviously because these files are being created on the target site a connection is being made OK.

thanks for the advice
JeffTucker

Posted: 26 Aug 19, 23:40   in response to: Hihosland in response to: Hihosland

Well, if FileZilla works, take a look at the things I have mentioned - protocol, encryption, and port. What are the values there? Knowing that, we can tell you what to choose in the jAlbum uploader settings. There's no magic, here - the jAlbum uploader is just an embedded FTP client, so what works in FileZilla should work in jAlbum.

Remember, too, that if you're using FileZilla to do the uploading, you need to upload the contents of the album folder in the project's output directory. You don't want to upload the album folder itself - you want to upload only the contents of that folder. And you don't want to upload the entire project, which would have all of the inputs to the album-building process, as well as the output.
Hihosland

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 00:23   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

settings that I can identify are

encoding ISO-8859-1
FTPS (FTP over implicit TLS/SSL)
PORT 21
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 01:50   in response to: Hihosland in response to: Hihosland

Those are the jAlbum settings. I was asking about the FileZilla settings.

But let's start with the simplest settings. In jAlbum, open the Upload Manager - CTRL-M - and try this:

Type: FTP (edtFTPj)

If that fails, try switching to:

Type: FTP (ftp4j)
peteclyde

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 04:05   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Hi

I've downloaded jalbum and joined up here to try and help out hihosland with his issue. I can recreate the error message so I believe that it is some sort of incompatibility between jalbum and the server

Firstly, the only ftp setting in the program that the server will allow is FTP over explicit TLS/SSL

If I turn off passive mode get to the server, one or two files are transferred then I get an error :

info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSException: it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPException

Using same settings in filezilla I can upload and see my album without issues.

I even turned off windows firewall to see if that was an issue but same deal.

Any further things I can add to help solve this?

Pete
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 04:29   in response to: peteclyde in response to: peteclyde

This is one for David to explore.

I just tried FTPES on my own host, and that is, indeed, an unhappy combination. On the first attempt, the files uploaded OK, but not the manifest file. All the files were fine, but I got some console error messages:
Caught java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out while uploading C:\Users\jefft\Documents\Temp Albums\ftptest\album\res\styles.css. Attempt 1
Sleep 10 sec to allow ftp server to reset state
Album upload: 1m 5.5490036s
Total upload: 1m 6.489998s
java.io.IOException: Error while adding album. Server reported: java.io.IOException: Image data does not represent an image.
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.Notifier.albumAdded(Notifier.java:128)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.Notifier$1.run(Notifier.java:154)
I manually deleted the files on the server and took another shot at it, and got a 403 from the server in my browser, as if the uploader were trying to show me the uploaded album, but it wasn't there. A quick look at the server revealed only the manifest.jmf file. I deleted it, and took another stab at it. This time, the upload worked properly, manifest file and all.

Switching to my usual SFTP, jAlbum had no problems whatsoever.

I have no clue what it's doing.

But in the meantime, just use FileZilla. From within jAlbum, open the output directory - Tools, Open directories, Output directory. What you see are the files and folders that constitute the finished album - those are what need to be uploaded to the subdirectory on the server where you want the album to be.
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 04:41   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Switched to https for the server address (my domain forces everything to https anyway), and got an even stranger set of failures. While it was correctly showing the name of the target directory on the server, it wasn't showing any of the other directories at that level, a sign that it couldn't read from the server. When I confirmed that I wanted to upload, the jAlbum message was that it was going to upload to null, so that was a non-starter. Meanwhile, the console was a festival of errors:
Caused by: it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPException [code=500, message= I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.239 (only to 68.191.59.248)]
	at it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPClient.openActiveDataTransferChannel(FTPClient.java:3166)
	at it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPClient.openDataTransferChannel(FTPClient.java:3117)
	at it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPClient.list(FTPClient.java:1847)
	at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.Ftp4jAdapter.getFiles(Ftp4jAdapter.java:341)
	... 144 more
info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSException: it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPException [code=500, message= I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.239 (only to 68.191.59.248)]
	at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.Ftp4jAdapter.getFiles(Ftp4jAdapter.java:355)
	at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean.getFiles(RemoteFSBean.java:345)
	at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean.getFiles(RemoteFSBean.java:359)
	at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean.getFiles(RemoteFSBean.java:352)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean$RemoteFSHandler.invoke(RemoteFSBean.java:510)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy15.getFiles(Unknown Source)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.RemoteFSNode.defineChildNodes(RemoteFSNode.java:147)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.RemoteFSNode.getChildCount(RemoteFSNode.java:116)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeModel.getChildCount(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.rebuild(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.setModel(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.setModel(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.propertyChange(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.fire(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JTree.setModel(Unknown Source)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.JPublishWizard$PublishStep.onShow(JPublishWizard.java:1602)
	at se.datadosen.component.JWizard$2.actionPerformed(JWizard.java:57)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.JPublishWizard$AccountsStep$4$1.lambda$operation$0(JPublishWizard.java:434)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at se.datadosen.component.JSmartDialog.setVisible(JSmartDialog.java:239)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.SlowOperation.launch(SlowOperation.java:82)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.JPublishWizard$AccountsStep$4.actionPerformed(JPublishWizard.java:454)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumFrame$JAlbumFrameActions$23.actionPerformed(JAlbumFrame.java:3730)
	at se.datadosen.component.JPopupButton.lambda$initialize$1(JPopupButton.java:159)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPException [code=500, message= I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.239 (only to 68.191.59.248)]
	at it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPClient.openActiveDataTransferChannel(FTPClient.java:3166)
	at it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPClient.openDataTransferChannel(FTPClient.java:3117)
	at it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPClient.list(FTPClient.java:1847)
	at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.Ftp4jAdapter.getFiles(Ftp4jAdapter.java:341)
	... 88 more
Those IP addresses are interesting - the 68.191.59.246 is, indeed, mine. The 192.168.1.239 is, obviously, the local IP address of my PC on this side of my router.
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 05:15   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I've now created a separate FTP account for testing, and of course it's working flawlessly, FTP or FTPES. I'm puzzled.
davidekholm

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 05:16   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I'd really strongly suggest you guys to use Passive mode. If you deselect passive mode, then you also have to reconfigure your router so that you forward incoming ftp traffic to the computer running jAlbum. See https://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 05:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I'm using FTPES with passive mode, and while I was getting errors earlier, it's now working just fine.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums