This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15 Sep 19, 11:22 Last Post By: RobM
jorvik

Head Page and Search links.
Posted: 2 Aug 19, 03:35

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi! I was trying to improve the index page on my website, and I use jAlbum to make the galleries, however, the search group only works for one specific gallery. Is there any way to expand the search into the head page and search all jAlbum galleries? This is a bit odd, but if anyone can help or need more questions please let me know!
RobM

Re: Head Page and Search links.
Posted: 2 Aug 19, 11:02   in response to: jorvik in response to: jorvik

Skins that support searching can only search through the current album and the search function can’t be incorporated into an external web page.

You can use jAlbum to build a single ‘index page’ of all of your albums, see Make an album of albums with web locations . That might be an easier way than you are currently building your index page.
jorvik

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 06:12   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Tried it, and it's not working properly. How can I:
1- Use an external top level parent website to search all the jAlbum galleries in the child relationship?
2- Code a universal jAlbum search function which will search through all jAlbum sub-levels?
AndreWolff

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 09:43   in response to: jorvik in response to: jorvik

RobM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 11:22   in response to: jorvik in response to: jorvik

The easiest way to be able to search all of your jAlbum based images is to make just one project, with top level folders for each year and each year having subfolders for each month. Just click ‘Make’ when updating the project, don’t use ‘Make all’ or ‘Make changes’.

Many users have single projects of thousands of images and are happy to work that way. If you want to stay with separate projects/albums then you need to use an external search function such as suggested above.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums