This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29-May-2019 10:12 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Upload process hangs
Posted: 23-May-2019 22:42

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment UploadHangs.PNG (263,7 KB)
I tried to upload an updated album via the hot-spot of my phone, but jAlbum is endless long busy calculating the album size, see screen-shot,

How can I solve this?

Jalbum version 18.2.1 and Windows 10

Edit:

This is apparantly a bug as is already reported here.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 26-May-2019 17:09
davidekholm

Re: Upload process hangs
Posted: 27-May-2019 13:27   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Correct
Please keep the console window opened and have Logging level set to "FINER". That way you can monitor the communication between jAlbum and the server. It could be that it's simply taking a very long time to list hundreds of folders on the server.

With this said, I plan to add a visual work counter that displays how many folders that have been processed/listed so far. Note: This problem listing folders should only occur if the manifest.jmf file is missing or outdated.
AndreWolff

Posted: 27-May-2019 16:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Attachment JAlbumLogFile.txt (183,7 KB)
davidekholm wrote:
Please keep the console window opened and have Logging level set to "FINER". That way you can monitor the communication between jAlbum and the server.
The console window closes automatically if I hit the Upload button, but I did set the level to finer.
It could be that it's simply taking a very long time to list hundreds of folders on the server.
Correct, now I waited about 10 minutes and in that case the album could be uploaded, the log file is attached.
Note: This problem listing folders should only occur if the manifest.jmf file is missing or outdated.
Well, at home the upload process takes less then a minute. I don't see a manifest.jmf file, but frankly I have no idea where to find that file.
I don't do any special thing, so why should that file be outdated or missing?

Edit:a 2nd upload was again fast!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 27-May-2019 18:54
davidekholm

Posted: 28-May-2019 10:50   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Well that explains it. We don't close the console window when you start an upload but it may very well hide under other windows. The manifest.jmf file is written to the root of the target album folder after an upload, but if the upload is interrupted due to network IO failure, then you're left without it and jAlbum is forced to compare folders before doing the differential upload, otherwise it would have to upload all files again which is even more time consuming.

Anyway, I'll add a "processed folders" counter to give better visual feedback.
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-May-2019 13:28   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
The manifest.jmf file is written to the root of the target album folder after an upload,
Well I don't see this file on my pc, is it only visible on the server?
Anyway, I'll add a "processed folders" counter to give better visual feedback.
That is a very good idea.
davidekholm

Posted: 29-May-2019 10:12   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Helpful
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
The manifest.jmf file is written to the root of the target album folder after an upload,
Well I don't see this file on my pc, is it only visible on the server?

Yes
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums