This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 06-Mar-2019 19:08 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Pluto skin: How can I select the full width of the image as theme image?
Posted: 06-Mar-2019 18:52

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment PlutoSettings.PNG (371.5 KB)
I did test the Pluto skin with the same set of pictures and the same Theme Image I used to test the Neptune skin.

If I compare the Neptune album with the Pluto album you see a big difference in the theme image.

With the Pluto skin can't get the same type of display of the theme image as I see with the Neptune skin, Pluto is not using the full width of the theme image.

The 'Set cropping …' function is disabled, so how can I select the full width of the image as theme image?

The screen-shot shows the settings and the Theme image box. The used image is also showed as thumbnail on the left side of the Theme Image box
jGromit

Re: Pluto skin: How can I select the full width of the image as theme image?
Posted: 06-Mar-2019 18:56   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Because of the way the parallax theme image is constructed, you can't.

ETA: And, from the user's manual:

Remember... that the theme image is actually used as a background image that covers the entire viewport - the page content then masks off the lower portion of the theme image. When choosing a theme image, it should be an image whose desired content occurs towards the top of the image, rather than in the center, since the center will be obscured by the page content unless a fairly high value is chosen for the theme image display height, like 50%.

https://jgromit.com/pluto/man/pluto_layout_index-page.html

In short, you should be using an image with an aspect ratio close to a typical browser window, like 2:1, rather than a pano.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums