Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 02-Mar-2019 15:44 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
deOldphart

FancyBox: Multiple index page transition problems
Posted: 27-Feb-2019 22:32
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Sorry, Andre, but I'm back again.

After spending some time puzzling over why jAlbum was only putting about half of my images into the album, I noticed the small arrow in the centre top that moves to the second page of thumbnails where the rest of them resided. With other skins I am used to the slide show or manual stepping to move seamlessly from one index page to the next so it took me a little while to realize that I had to load the second page and restart the slide show. I am not sure if this enforced intermission is intentional, but it is different from the behaviour of other skins.

More problematic, however, is the map behavour on the second index page. The map icons for the images are opening Google maps nicely, however they seem to be getting the coordinates from the images on the first page, not the correct ones. In other words (and you can check this), the first image on page 2 (pickup truck in the mountains) is using the location coordinates from the first image on page 1 (tea house near Tehran RR station). As near as I can tell, all the images on page 2 display the corresponding map for the image on page 1.

I just wanted to bring these issues to your attention as you mentioned that you were working on an update.

New location for the album: http://rsbroughton.eu/Iran%20trip%20album/
I am using Firefox or Safari on MacOS
AndreWolff

Re: FancyBox: Multiple index page transition problems
Posted: 28-Feb-2019 00:41   in response to: deOldphart in response to: deOldphart
Well Richard I think the multiple index page is an obsolete function and I don't think I am going to invest time in it.

You better subdivide your pictures in separate folders and give each sub album a name which describes the set of pictures.

Take as example my Fishermens trails album.
deOldphart

Posted: 28-Feb-2019 23:13   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
Well Richard I think the multiple index page is an obsolete function and I don't think I am going to invest time in it.

Fair enough, but you might want to make it clear in the description that multiple index pages aren't supported.

You better subdivide your pictures in separate folders and give each sub album a name which describes the set of pictures.

Take as example my Fishermens trails album.

I may consider that for future albums but in this instance it was much quicker to just kludge the code so that all thumbnails are on one page.
jGromit

Posted: 28-Feb-2019 23:16   in response to: deOldphart in response to: deOldphart
deOldphart wrote:
...you might want to make it clear in the description that multiple index pages aren't supported.

Or just have the skin enforce that. Two lines of code, literally.
AndreWolff

Posted: 02-Mar-2019 15:44   in response to: deOldphart in response to: deOldphart
deOldphart wrote:
More problematic, however, is the map behavour on the second index page. The map icons for the images are opening Google maps nicely, however they seem to be getting the coordinates from the images on the first page, not the correct ones. In other words (and you can check this), the first image on page 2 (pickup truck in the mountains) is using the location coordinates from the first image on page 1 (tea house near Tehran RR station). As near as I can tell, all the images on page 2 display the corresponding map for the image on page 1
I solved that problem, so this bug will be repaired in the next version
The slide show will never continue in the next index page, so my advice is still: don't use the multi index function, use folder albums instead,
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums