This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 19 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 27-Feb-2019 12:00 Last Post By: deOldphart Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jGromit

Re: Fancybox: Unable to get maps working.
Posted: 26-Feb-2019 00:15   in response to: deOldphart in response to: deOldphart

Click to reply to this thread Reply
deOldphart wrote:
I suspect the instructions for using Google Map APIs are going to get a bit more complicated.

It's already become byzantine. And their user interface is pretty miserable, so even if you think you know what you need to do, dog help you!
AndreWolff

Posted: 26-Feb-2019 09:08   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Attachment addressjpg.jpg (125.4 KB)
jGromit wrote:
OK, I'll take pity on you. In short, Fancybox is calling upon one of the Google maps API's that's "beyond" the basic functionality. The tipoff is that the error message refers to "geocode," which is a separate service.
Very clever that you have found a solution jGromit! Thanks for your help.

I guess you mean with this extra functionality the address data near the marker, see screen-shot.
May be I should make that an option.
However it is weird that Google Maps shows an error message if the Geocoding API is not enabled, instead of just showing the marker in that case!
AndreWolff

Posted: 26-Feb-2019 15:36   in response to: deOldphart in response to: deOldphart

deOldphart wrote:
I have just looked at both Saturn and Neptune and they are quite nice, but they lack one feature that FancyBox has, which is the ability to go into full screen mode. I like the full screen option for my slide shows of travels.
Actually, the full screen button on the FancyBox index page is under the latest version of the Google Chrome browser no longer working. To repair it an update of the ScreenFull library is required.
This will be repaired in the next version to be released in about 10 days.
deOldphart

Posted: 27-Feb-2019 11:51   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

FWIIW, Full screen mode from the index page is still working in Safari and Firefox 64. (I haven't upgraded to 65 yet because it breaks my preferred tab positioning.)
deOldphart

Posted: 27-Feb-2019 12:00   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
I guess you mean with this extra functionality the address data near the marker, see screen-shot.
May be I should make that an option.

For my needs having an option to use the "simpler" map API (w/o the address) is fine, if FancyBox could be tweaked to call the basic API as well (or instead of the current one). I am not likely to ever need the address information, but I could see that some applications wanting a static location on a map might want it.

BTW, thanks for producing such a nifty skin, and keeping up with Google's moving targets.

Richard (de Oldphart)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums