This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 19 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 23-Feb-2019 22:27 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jGromit

Re: Unable to set folder thumbnails
Posted: 23-Feb-2019 21:47   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
This is the kind of non-reproducible error that always makes me suspect a faulty jAlbum or skin installation. It really takes only a few minutes to clear things out and start fresh, and you won't lose any of your album projects.

First step is to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of jAlbum. Don't skip any of the steps:

https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=35746

A new installation should bring in the latest version of Tiger, but just to make sure, after launching the newly-installed jAlbum, hit the Tiger skin page and reinstall it.
daveturk

Posted: 23-Feb-2019 21:49   in response to: daveturk in response to: daveturk

Pictures_for_web_site.zip is too big for here. I will send you the link via PM.
daveturk

Posted: 23-Feb-2019 21:57   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

That project is working properly. I can change folder thumbnails on all the folders and it generates correctly.

Shall I just rename this project and keep using it since it's working?

Is there a way to have the skin's Hero strip image be different than the top folder thumbnail?

Thanks,
Dave
RobM

Posted: 23-Feb-2019 22:24   in response to: daveturk in response to: daveturk

daveturk wrote:
That project is working properly. I can change folder thumbnails on all the folders and it generates correctly.

Shall I just rename this project and keep using it since it's working?

You may as well, there may be a corrupt file or something in your original project. You might want to replace the images with the original ones though.
Is there a way to have the skin's Hero strip image be different than the top folder thumbnail?
Just drag an image to the theme image place holder in the folder properties pane, see https://jalbum.net/help/en/jAlbum/Explore#Folder_properties_pane
RobM

Posted: 23-Feb-2019 22:27   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
This is the kind of non-reproducible error that always makes me suspect a faulty jAlbum or skin installation. It really takes only a few minutes to clear things out and start fresh, and you won't lose any of your album projects.
I did wonder about that and if Dave's (Windows) jAlbum installation has not been rebuilt from scratch in the last few years it might be a good idea - even if he now has a working project.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums