This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-Dec-2018 22:26 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ksmatharu

Gromit 57...shadows replaced with glow
Posted: 23-Dec-2018 23:52

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Just upgraded to Gromit 57, but have noticed that my slide shadows have bee replaced with a glow. Example here:

https://www.silentnomad.com/images/showcase/slides/_8502244.php

Also, see attached screenshot of same.
jGromit

Re: Gromit 57...shadows replaced with glow
Posted: 24-Dec-2018 00:06   in response to: ksmatharu in response to: ksmatharu

Attachment ss004969.png (1.5 MB)

I didn't think about that situation. Here's what's happening... In earlier versions, the box-shadow on the slide image was using true black - rgb(0, 0, 0). Even when only partially opaque, that would be invisible on a black background. But to soften up the shadows, I changed to a dark gray - rgb (51, 51, 51). That, of course, is lighter than the black background, so it shows up as a "glow."

The fix is simple enough - turn off the shadows on your slide images. They must have been invisible before Gromit 57, anyway. I see they're already off for the thumbnails.

Either that, or do some custom CSS and create something really interesting - see screenshot. ;)
ksmatharu

Posted: 24-Dec-2018 22:17   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Ta :)

I've set the CSS back to black shadows. The background is not quite black, so the effect is subtle but just enough to be registered by the brain ;)
jGromit

Posted: 24-Dec-2018 22:26   in response to: ksmatharu in response to: ksmatharu

If it makes you happy. :)

But I just hit that page, pulled up the developer's console, and turned that black shadow on and off. I'll wager that in a double-blind test, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums