This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Dec-2018 04:27 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
rfm2

Neptune credit line
Posted: 09-Dec-2018 23:17

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment CreditLine.jpg (112.3 KB)
I just noticed that since the last Neptune update the modified credit line that I have been using by inserting in the code/html section this string:

Total Images: $totalAlbumImages  |  Generated by  <a href='http://jalbum.net'> jAlbum ${internalVersion}</a>  &  <a href='http://jgromit.com'> ${skinName} ${skinVersion}</a>  |  Album last updated: <% import se.datadosen.util.*; out.println(Dates.format(Dates.now(),"dd MMMM yyyy"));%>

does not convert the "$totalAlbumImages" to the actual count, but displays the variable itself (see attach).
jGromit

Re: Neptune credit line
Posted: 09-Dec-2018 23:44   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

jAlbum variables must use the "curly-brace" style:
Total Images: ${totalAlbumImages}  |  Generated by ....
rfm2

Posted: 09-Dec-2018 23:54   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

That's interesting. I have published 6 Neptune albums with that exact code segment, and all show the actual image count. I'll change it for future albums.

Thanks for the help.
jGromit

Posted: 10-Dec-2018 00:09   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

The "non-curly-brace" form of jAlbum variables was deprecated quite a long time ago, but it appears that David didn't finally disable them until jAlbum 17 or 17.1. They still work in jAlbum 16.2, which actually surprised me!

There's only one remaining place where the "non-curly-brace" style not only still works, but actually has to be used, and that's when you're using variables in one of the image filters - a rare use-case, to be sure.
rfm2

Posted: 10-Dec-2018 04:22   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks for that additional comment.The most recent album I made and posted was on Dec 1st, and apparently made with 17.0 (the credit line just shows 17). I must have skipped 17.1 and didn't encounter the "problem" until I updated to 17.1.3. Now that I am aware, it is no problem for future albums, but I'll have to be careful about changing it if I remake an older album.
jGromit

Posted: 10-Dec-2018 04:27   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

That change in the jAlbum core is probably going to catch a lot of "tinkerers" off-guard, since until now, jAlbum has been tolerant about using the old-style variables.

It was like the release when David finally tightened up the scripting tags, so that all the <ja:if> and <ja:else> tags had to have matching closing tags, or it would crash with an error. That dredged up all manner of sloppiness in our old code.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums