This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 19 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 14-Dec-2018 18:33 Last Post By: hartings Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
hartings

crash report: skin Classic Aligned 2 3.1.6
Posted: 05-Dec-2018 13:55

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Stack trace for jAlbum 17 using skin Classic Aligned 2 3.1.6:

se.datadosen.util.ScriptException: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``// + Classic Aligned 2 debug info: 3.1.6 onload.bsh + // /** * This scri . . . '' : Command not found: metaTagsExif( java.util.LinkedHashMap ) : at Line: 492 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``// + Classic Aligned 2 debug info: 3.1.6 onload.bsh + // /** * This scri . . . '' : metaTagsExif ( exifMap )
in onload.bsh at line number 492
at se.datadosen.util.ScriptException.of(ScriptException.java:59)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.processScript(AlbumBean.java:2473)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumFrame.executeScript(JAlbumFrame.java:1210)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.JMainSettingsPanel$5$1.run(JMainSettingsPanel.java:309)
Caused by: javax.script.ScriptException: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``// + Classic Aligned 2 debug info: 3.1.6 onload.bsh + // /** * This scri . . . '' : Command not found: metaTagsExif( java.util.LinkedHashMap ) : at Line: 492 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``// + Classic Aligned 2 debug info: 3.1.6 onload.bsh + // /** * This scri . . . '' : metaTagsExif ( exifMap )
in inline evaluation of: ``// + Classic Aligned 2 debug info: 3.1.6 onload.bsh + // /** * This scri . . . '' at line number 492
at bsh.BshScriptEngine.evalSource(BshScriptEngine.java:96)
at bsh.BshScriptEngine.eval(BshScriptEngine.java:57)
at java.scripting/javax.script.AbstractScriptEngine.eval(Unknown Source)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.doProcessExpression(AlbumBean.java:2544)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.processExpression(AlbumBean.java:2519)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.processScript(AlbumBean.java:2471)
... 2 more
RobM

Re: crash report: skin Classic Aligned 2 3.1.6
Posted: 05-Dec-2018 15:42   in response to: hartings in response to: hartings

Reload the skin again, if that doesn’t work then quit jAlbum, download the skin again from the skin’s page and double click the download file to install it.

The method needed is in the skin’s ‘includes’ folder, in file ‘ValidMetaTags.bsh’ so the only reason for it not working is a corrupted installation.
Dschuwi

Posted: 13-Dec-2018 20:08   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
Reload the skin again, if that doesn’t work then quit jAlbum, download the skin again from the skin’s page and double click the download file to install it.

The method needed is in the skin’s ‘includes’ folder, in file ‘ValidMetaTags.bsh’ so the only reason for it not working is a corrupted installation.

Does this happen only when CA2 is loaded as the default skin along with starting up jAlbum? I have just stumbled across this error myself, on a new (faster ...?) computer.
jGromit

Posted: 13-Dec-2018 20:13   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi

No problem doing exactly that on my fairly-new PC, so the cause is a bit mysterious.

You should compile the UI. You didn't have plans to do anything else in January, did you? ;)
Dschuwi

Posted: 13-Dec-2018 22:58   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I am 99 % sure it has something to do with timing. A while ago I was lazy and did not explore the cause of this error in depth, it was sufficient to simply put the call of the external bash (ValidMetaTags.bsh) earlier inside onload.bsh.

ValidMetaTags.bsh declares some functions, e.g. metaTagsExif() which seem not to be ready in time in onload.bsh a couple of lines later, causing this error. Putting all the function declarations directly into onload.bsh would solve this and get rid of the error - why? It only happens when CA2 is loaded as default skin, and only during jAlbum startup.
jGromit

Posted: 13-Dec-2018 23:24   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi

Dschuwi wrote:
Putting all the function declarations directly into onload.bsh would solve this and get rid of the error - why?

Sounds like a side-effect of one of David's "efficient" uses of multi-threading.
Dschuwi

Posted: 13-Dec-2018 23:32   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
Sounds like a side-effect of one of David's "efficient" uses of multi-threading.

I tried Thread.sleep() within onload.bsh, pausing execution for several seconds, without any success ...
hartings

Posted: 14-Dec-2018 11:14   in response to: hartings in response to: hartings

Hi all and thanks for your input, but I am still stuck and need to process about more than 100 slide shows, several 100's of GB data.

Backgrond: I am re-processing about 100 existing functional slideshows (all previously created by jAlbum throughout many years) in preparation for moving the website to wordpress and using the JalbumBridge wordpress plugin (creating a link back to the original slideshow, using wordpress references).

As recommended in this thread, I re-installed the skin and jAlbum (both twice) and the problem is related to handling video files of any kind. Previously by jalbum created mp4 files, are also no longer shown and deleted from disk by jalbum if I try to recreate the slide show. Normal jpegs are handled just fine, but any slide show with a video creates problems.
I therefore also looked into the ffpeg executable and replaced it by a soft link to a fresh installed version of ffmpeg for macos High Sierra, using Brew. This ffmpeg version works as such, but it did not solve my problem and I changed ffmpeg back to the original jalbum version. Still no solution.
Though I reinstalled jAlbum, the ffmpeg executable was not replaced, I noticed, so I removed it manually and again re-installed jAlbum.
Then ffmpeg was then automatically re-installed and I got a step forward....

However, I found three cases with problems related to the video settings in jAlbum settings (didn't try all video options...) :

1. When using video option "use original resolution" when creating the slide show, the included video files had been deleted from disk (!) and the following message appeared:

The following files could not be processed due to errors:
/mnt/93www/html_old/familie/foto/slide_shows/2010_test/20100108_Ree_in_tuin.mp4: java.io.IOException: Error during video creation. Please review video settings.
ffmpeg process terminated abnormally with code 1:
/mnt/93www/html_old/familie/foto/slide_shows/2010_test/20100108_Ree_in_tuin.mp4: No such file or directory
/mnt/93www/html_old/familie/foto/slide_shows/2010_test/P9221168_rotate.mp4: java.io.IOException: Error during video creation. Please review video settings.
ffmpeg process terminated abnormally with code 1:
/mnt/93www/html_old/familie/foto/slide_shows/2010_test/P9221168_rotate.mp4: No such file or directory
This problem I encountered many times a couple of days ago...

2. When using 480p as resolution:
The video files were included, sound OK, but video itself heavilly distorted (like old fashion TV), the synchronization seems totally off.

3. When using "jalbum image bounds", all is OK. Jalbum creates mp4 files of the original files (.MOV, .m4v, .3GP).
However, with some original mp4 files, jalbum moves them to the slides directory and removes them from the main directory to where they were downloaded (see above). The video only shows then only the first frame, but the sound of the video is OK. This is not a stable function...

This video feature seems not stable at all, but at least I can continue my work!
I hope my comments wil trigger an improvement!

Thanks,
Ralf
RobM

Posted: 14-Dec-2018 11:27   in response to: hartings in response to: hartings
Helpful
There is a bug with the built in preview of certain size videos, preview the album in an external browser (hold Alt/Opt down then click on preview icon).

If using original size videos why not just mark them as do not re-encode.

NB, at the bottom of the video settings page is a link to a forum post on how to update ffmpeg
jGromit

Posted: 14-Dec-2018 12:54   in response to: hartings in response to: hartings

hartings wrote:
However, with some original mp4 files, jalbum moves them to the slides directory and removes them from the main directory to where they were downloaded (see above).

This is the expected behavior. Older versions of jAlbum placed the processed videos in the root of the output directory. Newer versions put them in the slides directory. If jAlbum does not need to reprocess the video, it moves the existing output from the root to slides. If it does need to reprocess the video (changed resolution, for example), it will delete the version sitting in the root of the output directory, then process the video and put the resulting file in slides.

ETA: And the skin, of course, is now expecting the processed videos to be in slides.
hartings

Posted: 14-Dec-2018 15:16   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Sorry, but this doesn't work for me like that with the video setting "use jalbum image bounds".

The mp4 files which are originally in the folder, are removed, as said BUT there is no corresponding mp4 file in the slides folder. The only file in there is named like: slideshow_PA180202.html, corresponding to the video file name, but this shows only the first frame of the video and on this page, it says: "Hittade ingen video med ett format eller en MIME-type som stöds" sorry for the swedish, but I guess you like it?.
Sometimes is can just show mp4 files, sometimes it cannot.
I checked the missing/removed video files and they play as any other mp4 file. I cannot see anything wrong with the files.

Edited by: hartings on 14-Dec-2018 15:21
hartings

Posted: 14-Dec-2018 15:25   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Yes, when using the video setting "do not re-encode" , it works as it should !
Thanks for this hint!

Again a step a head, but tin my view, the video section could need some improvement :-)
It is not stable and reliable.
jGromit

Posted: 14-Dec-2018 15:33   in response to: hartings in response to: hartings

Just to narrow things down a bit, try a little test album with videos in it using another skin. Stick to something really basic, like Minimal.

In most skins, the video support is completely stable and reliable - I've got a family website with dozens and dozens of videos, and never have any problems. So maybe this is purely a CA2 issue?
hartings

Posted: 14-Dec-2018 16:29   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

OK. Here you go. I tried the Minimal skin (as you recommended) and I included several different types of video files: mp4, m4v, 3GP and MOV. using two different video settings:

With video setting: jAlbum image bounds:
All formats which are not mp4 are converted to mp4 and show the final video.
All original mp4 files are removed in the root directory, but DO NOT show up in the slides folder

Before I could run the second test below, I had to manually kill jAlbum and start all over......

With video setting: do not re-encode (which worked before with CA2 skin...)
original 3GP video does not play, shows only first frame
original m4v works fine
original MOV works fine
original mp4 fiels are removed from root directory, but do not show up in slide directory

Something is realy wrong here. I just hope I am able to run my 100+ slide shows without more problems, but odds are clearly not good based on my experience so far...

Any help is really appreciated!

Edited by: hartings on 14-Dec-2018 16:30
jGromit

Posted: 14-Dec-2018 16:45   in response to: hartings in response to: hartings

hartings wrote:
With video setting: do not re-encode (which worked before with CA2 skin...)
original 3GP video does not play, shows only first frame
original m4v works fine
original MOV works fine

These particular results are not a surprise. These days, skins rely on the browser to play the video. They're not using any sort of "player" script. All browsers understand MP4, and some browsers are OK with M4V and MOV, but others are not. Not one of them can handle a 3GP. So, "do not reencode" is a safe option only if the originals are MP4's.

As to the other problems, I need to take care of some personal things at the moment, but will come back to this shortly. But you're not directing the album output back into the image directory, are you? This is a prescription for disaster. Don't ever, ever do this. Under Album > Settings > General, the output directory should either be the default album (i.e., a subdirectory of the image directory), or a different location entirely. These two entries must never be the same place.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums