Permlink Replies: 17 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 16 Nov 18, 14:38 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Re: New support class for long running tasks
Posted: 31 Oct 18, 22:10   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
davidekholm wrote:
RobM wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
The bar looks confusing for sure. I should perhaps put the spinner in its place. Can you show me a video showing how it looks with the Darcula look & feel?
With Darcula I see what I expected, attached.

I think we can live with that, don't you think? Most users use Darcula these days.

I'm happy with it, it is better than not having a window pop up and close/change to show activity is happening, though I know one user who would argue against Darcula being the go to look ;)
RobM

Posted: 31 Oct 18, 22:45   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
I think it's a really interesting candidate. I don't remember why I didn't explore…
Netbeans included Groovy version 1 as a built in plugin, but Netbeans 9 doesn't include any version as a plugin and it doesn't seem to be available either.
davidekholm

Posted: 16 Nov 18, 14:38   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
jAlbum 17.1 beta is out . I've added Groovy 3.0 Alpha to it, which now runs on Java 11 and has a true Java-like syntax for those of us that don't want to re-learn. With Groovy there's a potential for faster album processing than with BeanShell as Groovy scriptlets gets compiled under jAlbum 17.1. Groovy also supports modern-day Java constructs, like lambda expressions for instance. Check out this sample code that responds to a button press:
b = new JButton("A button")
add b // Add it to the container
b.addActionListener { b.text="Im clicked" }
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums