This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Jan-2019 13:04 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jGromit

"Exclude" should delete cached thumbnail
Posted: 24-Oct-2018 17:24

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I was checking some old, unresolved bugs. One old problem relates to changing an image outside of jAlbum, and replacing the copy in the image directory. jAlbum stubbornly hangs on to the cached thumbnail (if there is one) - F5 won't update the display in the Explore window. You can delete the image and re-add it, but then you also lose comments, titles, etc. Manually deleting the cached thumbnail works, but is clumsy.

The quick fix in this situation would be to exclude the image, then re-include it. But that doesn't kill the cached thumbnail. It should - there's certainly no penalty for doing so.
jGromit

Re: "Exclude" should delete cached thumbnail
Posted: 09-Jan-2019 19:45   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Fixed in jAlbum 17.2. :)
davidekholm

Posted: 10-Jan-2019 12:12   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
Fixed in jAlbum 17.2. :)

Man I feel sorry that you had to experiment manually to figure out which items I've addressed, but you seem to have covered them now :-)
jGromit

Posted: 10-Jan-2019 13:04   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Most of them were easy to spot, and the other items that are high on my lists are generally easy to test, too. This one, for example - a lot of the "astronomy" shots that I use for testing don't have embedded thumbnails, so looking for a cached thumbnail to vanish when doing an "exclude" is about a 10-second fiddle.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums