This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Oct-2018 19:32 Last Post By: Laza
schmidtze

A few technical questions
Posted: 15-Oct-2018 12:07

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I created a Windows app to pre- and post-process a JAlbum Tiger album. For example I'm using a Best-Of-folder (with sub folders), in which I simply only have the file albumfiles.txt in each folder with entries pointing to the images in the original folder. So this folder (and its subfolders) does not contain any image files.

I now want to exclude all the "virtual" images in this Best-Of-folder in the search and also from the tags section. Because otherwise they will be shown in the search result twice. So I think I have to tweak the json files. Can you tell me, for which data I have to look for, which data I maybe have to remove from the json files, from the data1.json files and maybe also from the file deep-data.json? Maybe also from some html files?

For what is the file deep-data.json used? The album (e.g. the tag cloud) still seems to work after removing the file.

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Friedemann
Laza

Re: A few technical questions
Posted: 15-Oct-2018 14:48   in response to: schmidtze in response to: schmidtze
Correct
I'm afraid modifying the tree.json, data1.json and deep-data.json files will make the album broken. Perhaps creating the album first with the "Best of" folder excluded, then saving the "tree.json" file, then including the folder, making again and replacing the "tree.json" file with the saved one can do what you're after, although I'm not sure. Might worth a try.
schmidtze

Posted: 15-Oct-2018 16:16   in response to: schmidtze in response to: schmidtze

Hi,

many many thanks, removing the folder from tree.json does the job! :-) I can do this by using my app.

I still have one problem: When creating the album, I'm inserting the text "albumLinkReplace" to each image by adding it to the caption template. My app then replaces it with a link in the post processing (in index.html and data1.json files) to switch between an image in the Best-Of-folder and the original folder (and vice versa). Similar as you did it in the new function for switching to the source folder from found images of the search function.

My question: I don't want to see this link on images which have been shown by the search function. Is there a variable which I can use maybe for inserting a custom JavaScript function, a variable which shows if it's just the result of a search, or a normal folder? Maybe I can do it by an existing CSS class (I don't think so)?

If I can get this problem solved, I would be completely happy ;-)

Best regards
Friedemann
schmidtze

Posted: 15-Oct-2018 17:19   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hi,

making again and replacing the "tree.json" file with the saved one
can do what you're after, although I'm not sure. Might worth a try.

oh, excuse me, in a further message I said, that it works by removing the folder from tree.josn. But it doesn't, because then navigating in this folder is not possible anymore, an error message occurs which says "Check if you've allowed jAlbum to process the subdirectories and "Make album" again!". Ok, then I maybe have to remove the keywords of the virtual image files from the json and html files.

But maybe you can help with my question above regarding showing something depending on search or folder mode...

Many thanks and best regards
Friedemann
Laza

Posted: 15-Oct-2018 19:32   in response to: schmidtze in response to: schmidtze

Sorry there's no different thumbnail caption generated for the search results - they are just ordinary thumbnails.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums