The attached tool creates a SkinModel.java file (in the skin's 'plugins' folder), defining types (e.g. boolean, double, int or String) and setting default values for all skin variables.
To use the tool:
(1) Copy the 'Create skin model file.bsh' file (attached to this post) to jAlbum's 'tools' folder.
(2) Run jAlbum and select the skin you want to create the SkinModel.java file for.
(3) Use the skin's interface to enter the default values you'd like to use.
(4) Go to 'Tools -> External Tools -> Create skin model file' from the drop-down menu at the top.
(5) A SkinModel.java file will be written to the skin's 'plugins' folder. A 'plugins' folder will be created if it does not already exist.