This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 19 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 09-Jul-2018 13:38 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
nnathans

Re: Upload Album: Can't upload-Uploading hangs on Album size
Posted: 08-Jul-2018 23:01   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I don't know about FileZilla. I excluded all but five files (exclude, not delete). Then I deleted all but one. Now I'm suspecting a firewall issue. Reason: I tried re-loading JAlbum and noted that my system reported JAlbum 16.1.2. does not have a valid digital signature. (maybe a lapsed license?), and fewer than 100 users. I will try figuring out if I have a way to allow it through firewall.
JeffTucker

Posted: 08-Jul-2018 23:09   in response to: nnathans in response to: nnathans

Your license appears to be good into 2020, so that shouldn't be an issue.

If your PC is behind a router (i.e., not plugged directly into the cable modem), you shouldn't need a firewall at all. The router provides a lot of protection, and if you add the built-in Windows firewall, you're pretty much immune. I haven't used a third-party firewall application in years.

Ditto for anti-virus, which could also be the culprit here. Windows Defender is all you need, and it's free and built-in.

If you get desparate, I can lead you through getting FileZilla set up. Fairly easy. Are you on a PC, or a Mac?
RobM

Posted: 09-Jul-2018 00:10   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

If this is a corrupt file then it is either the original file or the generated album copy. If the original you’d expect an error, warning triangle/system console report. If it is just the album version then deleting the album and rebuilding should fix it.

If no error indication but a file is found to be the cause of the problem then David would probably like the original, don’t just delete/replace it.

Edited by: RobM on 08-Jul-2018 23:11
Go away for a while, and respond then you re-read it only to find things have moved on. Sorry, ignore this post.
davidekholm

Posted: 09-Jul-2018 10:22   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Please try uploading through FileZilla. That software does only uploads and is very good at it. If it fails too, then it's something with your network or ftp server. If it works fine, then I really will like to investigate further why jAlbum has problems calculating the album size. The process of calculating the albums size usually only consists of grabbing the "manifest.jmf" file from the server, and if it's missing, to list the file contents on the album folder and its sub folders on the server. It may take some time on huge albums, but should never get stuck.
JeffTucker

Posted: 09-Jul-2018 13:38   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Step-by-step instructions for installing and using FileZilla. Not as complicated as it looks. Just remember that your PC is on the left side, and the host server is on the right.

https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=54252
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums