This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Jun-2018 00:47 Last Post By: OceanTJP Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
OceanTJP

Can't connect. Server reported: Policy requires SSL.
Posted: 13-Jun-2018 19:31

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I've received this error while trying to upload a new album this morning. I have never seen it before, what should I do? The error is: Can't connect. Server reported: Policy requires SSL.

I'm using jAlbum 13.7.2 Pro. When uploading I'm uploading directly to my website, type: FTP (edtFTPj) to the server name I have always used.

Edited by: OceanTJP on 13-Jun-2018 19:37
JeffTucker

Re: Can't connect. Server reported: Policy requires SSL.
Posted: 13-Jun-2018 19:57   in response to: OceanTJP in response to: OceanTJP

Your webhost has apparently changed its FTP requirements, and now requires a secure connection. From jAlbum, choose Tools, Upload/manage, then choose the entry for your webhost. Try one of the other Type entries - it's difficult to predict which one will work.
OceanTJP

Posted: 13-Jun-2018 23:14   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I don't think there has been any changes on my hosts side, they usually inform me if this is the case and I haven't heard anything. I uploaded my last album with no problems just a few days ago. I tried each of the other "types" and all of them came up with some error or another. So far, today, I have not been able to upload anything. Any other ideas on what to fix so this works?
JeffTucker

Posted: 13-Jun-2018 23:18   in response to: OceanTJP in response to: OceanTJP
Helpful
This sounds like a problem on the hosting end, but without access to your server, it's impossible to "poke around" and find out what's happening. You might want to feed your login information to David and let him do a little exploring (david AT jalbum DOT net).

Can you connect to your server using FileZilla? If not, it's time to call the web host.
OceanTJP

Posted: 13-Jun-2018 23:39   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Ok, thank you for that info. I'll double check with my host.
OceanTJP

Posted: 14-Jun-2018 00:35   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Yep, you were right. Recent changes on my hosts side they had not yet informed me of. It's resolved and uploaded fine now. Thank you!
JeffTucker

Posted: 14-Jun-2018 00:44   in response to: OceanTJP in response to: OceanTJP

Don't you just love surprises? ;)

Glad you've got things working again. :)
OceanTJP

Posted: 14-Jun-2018 00:47   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

HAHA usually yes...but TODAY was NOT the day...I've got too many plates to spin this week lol

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it! :)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums