This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 16 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 15-Jun-2018 12:55 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
John-Simpson

Re: Windows 10 Photo Data
Posted: 15-Jun-2018 12:42   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Click to reply to this thread Reply
jGromit wrote:

Ya' know what the real answer is? Use jAlbum to enter titles and comments, instead of doing it in File Explorer. You don't even have to make an album! The jAlbum core will obediently write out your titles and comments to the files, in the proper xmp fields, where they will be preserved.

You are correct -Yes it does.

I used your no pages. The fields are populated as you say, however the Subject Field isn't because it is not part of jAlbum. I did ask for this year's ago! I remember the original struggle getting Title when jAlbum only had comment!

Things certainly have moved on in the intervening years for the better. Well done team jAlbum.

Finally, and I haven't fully tested this yet, but I don't think Win 10 can view the jAlbum comments that I've entered.

They are in xmp description.

Sorry about lack of time to check this out, but will be away for a week so hope to look again later.
JeffTucker

Re: Windows 10 Photo Data
Posted: 15-Jun-2018 12:55   in response to: John-Simpson in response to: John-Simpson

Click to reply to this thread Reply
What File Explorer does with xmp metadata is just as perverse as what it does when you enter metadata within File Explorer. If xmp.dc:title[1] exists (the jAlbum title), it shows up in File Explorer as Title. So far, so good.

If xmp.dc:title[1] does not exist, but xmp.dc:description[1] exists (the jAlbum comment), it shows up in File Explorer as Title.

If both xmp.dc:title[1] and xmp.dc:description[1] both exist, the title shows up as Title in File Explorer, but the description doesn't appear anywhere.

And I'm sure the File Explorer developers assume that they're doing you a favor.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums