This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25-May-2018 15:21 Last Post By: AndreWolff
AndreWolff

Browser error: SSL handshake failed
Posted: 24-May-2018 08:38

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment BrowserError.PNG (156.0 KB)
If I click on the “View published album” button, right of the Upload button, I get an window with only the text “Browser error: SSL handshake failed”, see attached screenshot.
.If I click in that window on the "Open in external browser" button, the image directory is opened in the Windows Explorer.

If I enter the URL of the album, https://www.andrewolff.nl/FotoSerie/Lauwersmeer/ , in my Chrome browser, there is no problem, it shows the published album.

I did not see this earlier, why is my album not displayed in that window?

Windows 10 and jAlbum 15.4

Edited by: AndreWolff on 24-May-2018 08:39
davidekholm

Re: Browser error: SSL handshake failed
Posted: 24-May-2018 11:53   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

It seems to be caused by a missing Symantec root certificate for the certificate you're using on your site. The root certificate is missing from the bundled Java 9 installation. I'll soon try bundling jAlbum with Java 10 and see if the problem goes away. You can alternatively google for how to add root certificates to Java.
AndreWolff

Posted: 24-May-2018 12:55   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I tried to reproduce the problem by chosing Windowed preview, see screenshot, but now I get no automatic preview at all after making an album! I have to click the button rigth of the Makje ALBUM BUTTON, TO SEE A PREVIEW.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 24-May-2018 12:58
davidekholm

Posted: 24-May-2018 12:59   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
I tried to reproduce the problem by chosing Windowed preview, see screenshot, but now I get no preview at all after making an album!

Same problem as it's the same browser component. Feel free to report the root certificate problem directly to Oracle.
AndreWolff

Posted: 25-May-2018 15:12   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I tried it another time and now I get a preview after a Make, but some thumbnails are not displayed.
Compare the attached screenshot with the webpage: https://www.andrewolff.nl/FotoSerie/Lauwersmeer/20120906_rond_Lauwersmeer/index.htm

Another problem: if I change the colors of the buttons I don't see the changed colors in the preview window. I have to click the refresh button to see the new colors, so I think you should always do an automatic refresh before you display the album in the preview button

Edited by: AndreWolff on 25-May-2018 15:16
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums