This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21-May-2018 01:55 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
CLOSED_USER

Downloading old pictures
Posted: 10-May-2018 13:28

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Guys,
I don't know if there is already a post about it (I have been looking for one but couldn't find any), but I would like to know how I could download the pictures I once put online (well 7 years ago I think).
Since I haven't renewed my account with Jalbum, I can't even check them, since I think I am still the owner of those pictures I think it s not really fair and even more I think it s a bit rude no?
Any one?

thanks if advance

C.
JeffTucker

Re: Downloading old pictures
Posted: 10-May-2018 13:59   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

Unfair? Rude? What would make you think that jAlbum should provide free storage forever?

I suspect Anders can give you access long enough to download the images. Of course, simply purchasing a license would also unlock those older albums. Why don't you do that?
CLOSED_USER

Posted: 10-May-2018 14:05   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thx for you answer jGromit but, Sorry you don't get it, I am not asking at all about free storage for ever.
It was not my point sorry if I have been unclear.
What I am looking for is how to rescue/save the old pictures I have once uploaded on JAlbum but which are now hidden because of my expired license.

The fact these pictures weren't public or visible by others is just perfectly normal since it is expired...but I was looking for a way to download them you know.

Just a way to download them you know, I don't need anything else just having them back.
JeffTucker

Posted: 10-May-2018 14:09   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

You're not getting it, either. jAlbum would have been perfectly justified in deleting your albums the day after you stopped paying to have them stored there. You're just lucky they didn't.

Why didn't you save these images on your own PC, like everyone else?
AnCa

Posted: 12-May-2018 14:23   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

Since your storage expired almost 6 years ago we have moved your photos from expensive online storage to offline storage. But I have now restored them to your account, so as soon as you renew your Premium storage you have full access of all of your files.
CLOSED_USER

Posted: 20-May-2018 17:33   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
You're not getting it, either. jAlbum would have been perfectly justified in deleting your albums the day after you stopped paying to have them stored there. You're just lucky they didn't.

Why didn't you save these images on your own PC, like everyone else?

since they haven't done it I don't know why you are telling me so... I can clearly see they still have it...

and some events happened in people's life you don't even have to know or ask about jGromit stop being so condescending would you? that is clearly not the point thank you!

Edited by: carju on 20-May-2018 17:37

Edited by: carju on 20-May-2018 17:38

CLOSED_USER

Posted: 20-May-2018 17:37   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa thank a lot for your assistance...But no I am not going to renew it... May I ask to you to please delete them definitely and once for all?

Warmest regards,
JeffTucker

Posted: 21-May-2018 01:55   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

carju wrote:
...jGromit stop being so condescending would you?

Sorry, but I just find it astounding that someone would think that a business, something that people operate, and rely on to provide them with a living, would keep your personal files for you, free of charge, for six years. The sense of entitlement that demonstrates is breathtaking.

Account closed.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums