This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18 Apr 18, 13:13 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Private album is public, how to set is public?
Posted: 17 Apr 18, 15:26

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment EditAlbum.PNG (1.1 MB)
Attachment privat-2.PNG (6.5 KB)
Attachment privat-1.PNG (7.9 KB)
I am confused: If I upload an album to my own server I see what you see in screen-shot privat-1, the album will be private.
The album should be public, but if I click the Privé (Private) button I see screen-shot privat-2, I see not setting to make it public.
However if I open after the upload my profile page and next choose edit album, I see screen-shot EditAlbum which indicates that the album is public!

This is very confusing, how can I set the album public in the very first widow after I click the upload button?

Windows 10 and jAlbum 15.3.4
davidekholm

Re: Private album is public, how to set is public?
Posted: 17 Apr 18, 15:31   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

The "Make visible on profile page" setting under "Privacy" as you upload is what makes it public on your profile page.
AndreWolff

Posted: 17 Apr 18, 16:42   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Attachment Step1of2.PNG (27.1 KB)
Attachment Step2of2.PNG (38.2 KB)
Sorry David, I can't find a 'Privacy'setting and I don't see what is saId on this help page: http://jalbum.net/help/en/Manage_album_privacy
If I click the Upload button I see screenshot 2Of2 and if i click the back button I see screenshot 1of2
JeffTucker

Posted: 17 Apr 18, 16:48   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Attachment ss003916.png (5.8 KB)
Do not choose Upload/Manage. Just click the big Upload button. Then see screenshot.

First time using this application?
AndreWolff

Posted: 17 Apr 18, 16:50   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I do click the big upload button in the lower left corner!

I see your screenshot only if I am uploading to the jAlbum server see enclosed screenshots), but in my example I upload to my website server https://www.andrewolff.nl/

And even if I upload to the jAlbum server I see no selection button Privat or Public

Edited by: AndreWolff on 17-Apr-2018 17:59

Edited by: AndreWolff on 17-Apr-2018 18:05
davidekholm

Posted: 18 Apr 18, 13:13   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Correct
This function only relates to the visibility of an album on your jAlbum profile page. Visible = public
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums