This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 4 Jul 18, 21:23 Last Post By: allenhuffman
allenhuffman

Is it possible to duplicate Album settings?
Posted: 10 Feb 18, 02:12

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I spent some time figuring out all the settings I wanted for a gallery. Now I want to make a second gallery, using all those settings. I didn't find anything in the manual under "duplicate" that was helpful, so I thought I'd post here.

Is it possible to clone an album's settings?
jimberry

Re: Is it possible to duplicate Album settings?
Posted: 10 Feb 18, 02:25   in response to: allenhuffman in response to: allenhuffman

You can save the settings of album "A" as the default settings, but that would then of course, be the default for all future albums.
To clone settings for just album "B", see jGromit's instructions here
RobM

Posted: 10 Feb 18, 10:40   in response to: allenhuffman in response to: allenhuffman

allenhuffman wrote:
Now I want to make a second gallery, using all those settings. I didn't find anything in the manual under "duplicate" that was helpful, so I thought I'd post here.
I have updated the help so searching for ‘duplicate’ results in links to the menu help page the section you need is File>Import

Included on that page is the line ‘Read more about which settings are and are not imported here. Read more on importing and duplicating project settings here.

It is difficult to cover all of the terms a user might search on, import/duplicate/duplicating/reuse etc. So here is a tip for future searches, when you don’t get a result using the search box at http://jalbum.net/help/en/Help click on the Search option in the left menu list at the bottom of that page is a list of wildcards that can improve search results. If you are still not getting a result try the All pages option, there are only two pages of links to look through and most are descriptive enough to help.

Edited by: RobM on 10-Feb-2018 09:40
PeterGibb

Posted: 10 Feb 18, 17:58   in response to: allenhuffman in response to: allenhuffman
Correct
Hello

When I create a new album and I want it to match those of another the first thing I
then do is as follows...

Click on - File > Import > Settings from Album Project

Navigate to the directory of the album you want to import from
and double click the jalbum-settings.jap file.

Nothing will open but the settings will get read into the album you already have open.

Upon saving the new album again the settings are saved. It also works well when you want to change/match the settings of any existing albums you already have, just open the existing album and do the same import of album project settings as described above.

This procedure has saved me a huge amount of time over the years and I hope it helps

Regards Peter
allenhuffman

Posted: 4 Jul 18, 21:23   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums