Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 06-Dec-2017 15:12 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jGromit

A cautionary tale
Posted: 04-Dec-2017 14:19
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
When doing testing, I create little dummy albums with names like aa, ab, and so on. Later, I know that it's safe to delete them.

Testing some skin changes, I created a test album and tried to preview it - nothing! Just the album title, with no styling, no images, nothing else. I tried it from a server - still nothing. I switched to Minimal, for dog's sake, and even that album refused to display. The browser console was telling me that it wouldn't load the CSS file or the images. What the hell?!

Well, I may be old and confused, but the light finally dawned. The name of the project was ad. Guess what AdBlock does when it sees a page trying to serve content from a subdirectory called ad? ;)
davidekholm

Re: A cautionary tale
Posted: 06-Dec-2017 15:01   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Clever adblocker ;-). What brand is it?
jGromit

Posted: 06-Dec-2017 15:09   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I ran into with AdBlock Plus in Firefox. Same behavior with AdBlock in Chrome. A very puzzling 10 minutes or so, with lots of exclamations of WTF?!!

I was wondering why I'd never run into it before, but it occurs only when viewing the album from the web - local preview doesn't trigger it. On top of that, I have jalbum.net whitelisted, so if I uploaded there, it was also OK.
davidekholm

Posted: 06-Dec-2017 15:12   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Thanks for the info!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums