Goog morning the forum,
I made an album with tiger an 3 mp3 files for the background music.
The mp3 files are copied in the jalbum directory, but no music started in the album. On the top, rights, there is only the play button, but without any function.
If i tried to generate the album with turtle, it working.
Can someone help me ?
It's exactly what i done.
If no music file is configured in tiger, the play button don't appear.
I added the files through the "Settings / Tiger / Site / Background music" panel, the play button is here, but no music. I verified in the album directory, the files are here, copied by the creation of the album.
I ran into this same problem today! One song had "your're" so I guess that the apostrophe was an issue...but I went and changed all the songs names to be one long word (no spaces) and they all played nicely. But I had to go and find each song that wouldn't play to begin with, make another folder just for this project and rename them and then add them as background.
Isn't there an easier way to solve this problem? Especially in light of the fact that most songs have a number first, space, and then it's name also with spaces. Could we rename them inside Jalbum somehow to make the whole issue easier?
In Tiger you can add background music only through the "Settings / Tiger / Site / Background music" panel. You don't have to go through the album folder-by-folder. If "Settings / Advanced / Naming / URL-encode links" is ON, you need to change only the filenames that contain apostrophes, the spaces and dots in the name won't do any harm. (Accented characters - which is not used in English - are another source of problem.) This is because not every browser handles these non-websafe characters.
I will see if I can fix these characters while copying.
Yes,"Settings / Advanced / Naming / URL-encode links" was on! But I had 4 songs listed and none of them played and I only had one song with an apostrophe.
So I went to search for all the songs I had picked out, quite a long way since I have a bazillion songs and copy and pasted each song into a separate folder just so could find them easily to add to the "background" music section. Once there I renamed them all as it was just easier to not worry what was causing the issue of NO music.
You could add characters that cause problems to the list of illegal characters, under Preferences/Album/Illlegal characters. Then in future you could add files (if needed to a dummy project first) then you would see a yellow warning triangle which will alert you to any file that has a naming problem.