Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 356 - Pages: 24 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] - Last Post: 18-Nov-2017 16:56 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 28-Oct-2017 20:32   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
May be it is a stupid question, but please tell me what is that 360° image setting panel doing for me? Does it has any effect on the Slide image made by jAlbum?
Not a lot since you don’t use the new variable. The other settings associated with the new pane are mentioned in the 360º degree image section here.
It does not do anything to the slide images other than embed metadata.
Thanks for the information.

You said:
This setting may be used by skins that support photo sphere images

But you do not explain how a skin developper can read the state of that checkbox!

I extended the already existing Panorama panel with a new checkbox Spherical panorama and changes the already existing checkbox into Cylindrical panorama.
RobM

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 20:59   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
May be it is a stupid question, but please tell me what is that 360° image setting panel doing for me? Does it has any effect on the Slide image made by jAlbum?
Not a lot since you don’t use the new variable. The other settings associated with the new pane are mentioned in the 360º degree image section here.
It does not do anything to the slide images other than embed metadata.
Thanks for the information.

You said:
This setting may be used by skins that support photo sphere images

But you do not explain how a skin developper can read the state of that checkbox!

Naturally I have, it is here, last entry in the metadata section of the skin developer 'Variables' page - a must have resource for skin developers.
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 21:43   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
Naturally I have, it is here, last entry in the metadata section of the skin developer 'Variables' page - a must have resource for skin developers.
I am not checking that table every day!
Why is that not indicated in this message?
jGromit

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 21:53   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
... the skin developer 'Variables' page - a must have resource for skin developers.

You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float on his back, you've really got something.
RobM

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 22:01   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
I am not checking that table every day!
Everyday is not necessary but when new features come out it is advisable for those who have trouble following the already published information - see next answer below.
Why is that not indicated in this message?
See this post in that thread
Follow the link to the new thread and read the first post. I quote to make it obvious to you:
"Developers: New "projectionType" variable available (in json format too) to identify 360° images"

If you paid more attention to the contents of the posts and relied less on asking for help you would find things easier.

Edited by: RobM on 28-Oct-2017 21:04
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 23:43   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
Follow the link to the new thread and read the first post. I quote to make it obvious to you:
"Developers: New "projectionType" variable available (in json format too) to identify 360° images"
That came too late, my implementation was ready at that time..
If you paid more attention to the contents of the posts and relied less on asking for help you would find things easier.
I did not ask for any help the last month!
RobM

Posted: 29-Oct-2017 00:34   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
That came too late, my implementation was ready at that time..
Before that post, in fact since the first post about photo spheres it was possible to get both the variable and its possible values just by adding a single variable to slide.htt. And that method is already documented.

You may have noticed that there has been no information in the forum posts on how the other 360º image settings are stored, and yet I managed to obtain that information from just using the jAlbum application and adding a rectilinear image to a project.

So all of the information needed was there from the start, you just needed to look for it.
AndreWolff

Posted: 29-Oct-2017 09:43   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
You may have noticed that there has been no information in the forum posts on how the other 360º image settings are stored, and yet I managed to obtain that information from just using the jAlbum application and adding a rectilinear image to a project.
Yes Rob, you are a Genius who likes to puzzle, I am not, I am just a dummy programmer!
AndreWolff

Posted: 29-Oct-2017 09:50   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
jAlbum 14.2 is soon to be released now. Here are the changes and fixes:
  • Supports 360° images (Tiger skin + new property panel under Edit)
That new property panel is only used by the Tiger skin. Users of all other skins see also the panel. So they will enter information, but they see no effect, an example of a bad user interface.

Don't you think that it is better if that panel is enabled by skins using that panel?
svendus

Posted: 29-Oct-2017 09:59   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
@Davidekholm

Hi David we made a new test with 22 THETA S images

The meta data were already stored in the Tiff files used
from a Pano2VR5.2 Multi resolution project

it is impossible to change the Title and Description in JAlbum and the show do not run
locally or uploaded to our web server ?

the test lays on this link https://svendus.se/sumpafallen/album/

Regards Svendus
RobM

Posted: 29-Oct-2017 10:13   in response to: svendus in response to: svendus
svendus

Posted: 29-Oct-2017 10:26   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Thank you RobM we will check that out

We made a new album from 40 images shot i Helsingborg Sweden last summer

and this time .jpg files from a PanotVR5.2 projeckt

the jAlbum lye on this link https://svendus.se/mikaeli-marknad/album

Google have been very active in this place so G-man has a lot to show :-)
The street view robot have actuarily been driving around the whole place

i think with .jpg it is running.

svendus

Posted: 29-Oct-2017 10:43   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Attachment error.jpg (239,5 KB)
Attachment settings metadata.jpg (99,8 KB)
All right RobM changed the metadata settings
attach the result
RobM

Posted: 29-Oct-2017 12:35   in response to: svendus in response to: svendus
svendus wrote:
All right RobM changed the metadata settings
attach the result
I think, not sure though, that the metadata extractor does not work for TIFF files - it should not cause an error though. Last entry on metadata and tiff was http://jalbum.net/forum/message.jspa?messageID=315035#315035
svendus

Posted: 29-Oct-2017 18:01   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Here are installers for Windows , Mac and zip for you to try. Bug reports appreciated!

changed the images from Tiff to Jpg
it is not running now do we have to use the fix posted in the old thread and the new jalbum-core.jar ?

http://svendus.se/sumpafallen/album/index.html
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums