Permlink Replies: 354 - Pages: 24 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] - Last Post: 18-Nov-2017 14:58 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 28-Oct-2017 11:10   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment jAbumErrorl.JPG (39,7 KB)
davidekholm wrote:
Bug reports appreciated!
After installing this version with Windows 10, I get the message "JAVA runtime environment not found', see attached screenshot.

I did browse to C:\Program Files\jAlbum\jre64\bin but this did not enable the OK button, so I can't run this new version,

Edited by: AndreWolff on 28-Oct-2017 11:17
davidekholm

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 11:56   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Bug reports appreciated!
After installing this version with Windows 10, I get the message "JAVA runtime environment not found', see attached screenshot.

I did browse to C:\Program Files\jAlbum\jre64\bin but this did not enable the OK button, so I can't run this new version,

Edited by: AndreWolff on 28-Oct-2017 11:17

Haven't had that reported by anyone else. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling. Ensure the installer is 116 063 512 bytes long.
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 12:30   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Attachment HR.PNG (141,2 KB)
Attachment LR.PNG (540,2 KB)
Attachment TigerHangs.PNG (407,5 KB)
davidekholm wrote:
Haven't had that reported by anyone else. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling. Ensure the installer is 116 063 512 bytes long.
The length was OK and after uninstalling and reinstalling the problem was gone.

Next I did open the project file of my Test Photo Sphere viewer album and notices two points:
1. The 360 Image panel shows up only with the first 3 photos supplyied by Anca, but not with the other photos which are displayed without problems in Jérémy Heleines viewer used in the PhotoSwipe skin and Slide Show 4 skin
2. The 5th image with a size of 17,9 MB is not visible in the Edit window, see screenshot HR,png. The 4th image with a size of 2.7 MB can be displayed in the Edit window, see screenshot LR.png.This was no problem with jAlbum 14.1

Edit:

Next I installed the Tiger skin and tried to make the same album with the Tiger skin, with the default settings.

The system hangs, see enclosed screenshot, with a silent crash:
WARNING: No folder image selected and fallback fails too in folder "SS4_PhotoSwipe"
java.lang.InternalError: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.createImageFromYCC(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:671)
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.readRGBImageFromYCC(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:371)
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.read(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:227)
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.readHeader(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:129)
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.getImageTypes(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:80)
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.doLoadImage(FileFilters.java:665)
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.loadImage(FileFilters.java:580)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$StandardImageProcessor.processImage(AlbumBean.java:5685)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$StandardImageProcessor.processImages(AlbumBean.java:5550)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$ImageProcessingTask.call(AlbumBean.java:5475)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(Unknown Source)
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.createImageFromYCC(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:633)
	... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "Make album thread" java.lang.InternalError: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.createImageFromYCC(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:671)
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.readRGBImageFromYCC(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:371)
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.read(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:227)
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.readHeader(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:129)
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.getImageTypes(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:80)
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.doLoadImage(FileFilters.java:665)
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.loadImage(FileFilters.java:580)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$StandardImageProcessor.processImage(AlbumBean.java:5685)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$StandardImageProcessor.processImages(AlbumBean.java:5550)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$ImageProcessingTask.call(AlbumBean.java:5475)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(Unknown Source)
	at org.monte.media.jpeg.CMYKJPEGImageReader.createImageFromYCC(CMYKJPEGImageReader.java:633)
	... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Edited by: AndreWolff on 28-Oct-2017 13:14

Edited by: AndreWolff on 28-Oct-2017 13:25
davidekholm

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 13:26   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Thanks for your comments André. Only images with an aspect ratio of 2:1 will trigger the 360° image setting panel to show. Other images aren't true 360° images. As to the out of memory exception: Here we probably need to bump RAM higher. Either set "Scaling method" under Settings->Images to "Medium" and/or bump the max RAM setting higher by editing jAlbum.ini (bump the -Xmx setting to 6000 or something similar)
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 13:43   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Thanks for your comments André. Only images with an aspect ratio of 2:1 will trigger the 360° image setting panel to show. Other images aren't true 360° images. As to the out of memory exception: Here we probably need to bump RAM higher. Either set "Scaling method" under Settings->Images to "Medium" and/or bump the max RAM setting higher by editing jAlbum.ini (bump the -Xmx setting to 6000 or something similar)
I will test that later, but I did upload the Tiger albumafter the crash and noticed that images 4 and 5 are not displayed by Jérémy Heleines viewer, while I see no problems with the PhotoSwipe test album with these 2 images. Do I have to do something special to display images with the wrong aspect ratio?
davidekholm

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 13:45   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
I will test that later, but I did upload the Tiger albumafter the crash and noticed that images 4 and 5 are not displayed by Jérémy Heleines viewer, while I see no problems with the PhotoSwipe test album with these 2 images. Do I have to do something special to display images with the wrong aspect ratio?

Crop them to 2:1 aspect ratio. That will make jAlbum recognize them as 360° images. I don't know if they will display naturally though as they don't follow the specification for such images.
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 14:27   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Crop them to 2:1 aspect ratio. That will make jAlbum recognize them as 360° images. I don't know if they will display naturally though as they don't follow the specification for such images.
Cropping to 2:1 is not possible because the ratio is now 3:1, so if you crop it is no longer a 360 degrees image. It is also not required for the Jérémy Heleines viewer: his own test image has a ratio of 1:2,9 and it is a showed correctly with my test album, see images 4 and 5.
davidekholm

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 15:13   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Ok. Perhaps it's to strict to only consider 2:1 aspect ratio? I've adjusted to consider any image with at least 2:1 aspect ratio a 360° image. Update the core file to test.
svendus

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 15:25   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Thank You we take a look att it when the fiber connection is back here

svendus wrote:
A suggestion are therefore an inbuilt Map Function where the GPS info can be written into the image file like you do in Google Picasa and Pano 2VR5.2
See geotagging in edit mode
RobM

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 15:26   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Cropping to 2:1 is not possible because the ratio is now 3:1, so if you crop it is no longer a 360 degrees image. It is also not required for the Jérémy Heleines viewer: his own test image has a ratio of 1:2,9 and it is a showed correctly with my test album, see images 4 and 5.
14.2 introduces *Photo Spheres”, full 360 by 180 degree images which by definition must be 2:1 aspect ratio. Your images are 360 by 120 degrees, hence why they were not recognised.

David. allowing such aspect ratios as 3:1 might work with some viewers and not with others, something skin designers might need to consider. Maybe the new variable ‘projectionType‘ could have avalue other than ‘equirectangular’ so skins can choose what to support?
jGromit

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 15:36   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Ok. Perhaps it's to strict to only consider 2:1 aspect ratio? I've adjusted to consider any image with at least 2:1 aspect ratio a 360° image.

Not fond of that. Now it's offering up the 360° image panel even for fairly ordinary landscape images. I think this is going to lead users into terra incognita.
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 15:39   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Ok. Perhaps it's to strict to only consider 2:1 aspect ratio? I've adjusted to consider any image with at least 2:1 aspect ratio a 360° image. Update the core file to test.

I did not install the update, because I don't think the aspect ratio is causing the problem.
I reduced the size of my AutoPanoPro images and that removed the crash, see the Tiger test album. Look at images 4 and 5 who have an aspect ratio of about 3:1 and they still display correctly. My images 6 and 7 do have an aspect ratio of 2:1 but are not correctly displayed. Also image 8 is not correctly displayed.
In my PhotoSwipe test album all these images are correctly displayed with the same viewer, so the Tiger skin requires something from the image properties what is not necessarily.
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 16:03   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
Maybe the new variable ‘projectionType‘ could have avalue other than ‘equirectangular’ so skins can choose what to support?
The Photo Viewer in the PhotoSwipe skin and Slide Show 4 skin does not look at the new variable ‘projectionType‘, therfore it displays all images correctly in the viewer I think.

With a normal camera it is rather difficult to get exactly a 360x180 degrees image, but that should not be a reason, to keep the viewer closed for that type of images.

Edit:

I just released new versions of both the PhotoSwipe skin and Slide Show 4 skin , so you can now test the differences with the Tiger skin yourself. It is not required to install the beta version 14.2b7 for these new versions.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 28-Oct-2017 17:12
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 18:55   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Thanks for your comments André. Only images with an aspect ratio of 2:1 will trigger the 360° image setting panel to show. Other images aren't true 360° images.
Mag be it is a stupid question, but please tell me what is that 360° image setting panel doing for me? Does it has any effect on the Slide image made by jAlbum?
RobM

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 19:29   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Thanks for your comments André. Only images with an aspect ratio of 2:1 will trigger the 360° image setting panel to show. Other images aren't true 360° images.
Mag be it is a stupid question, but please tell me what is that 360° image setting panel doing for me? Does it has any effect on the Slide image made by jAlbum?
Not a lot since you don’t use the new variable. The other settings associated with the new pane are mentioned in the 360º degree image section here.
It does not do anything to the slide images other than embed metadata.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums