Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 356 - Pages: 24 [ Previous | 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] - Last Post: 18-Nov-2017 16:56 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
karlmistelberger

Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 01-Nov-2017 12:19   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Tried:
karl@erlangen:~/Downloads/jAlbum/lib> /usr/lib/jalbum/jre64/bin/java -jar jalbum-core.jar 
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at se.datadosen.jalbum.MiniConfig.<init>(MiniConfig.java:47)
        at se.datadosen.jalbum.MiniConfig.getMiniConfig(MiniConfig.java:70)
        at se.datadosen.jalbum.Main.<clinit>(Main.java:15)
karl@erlangen:~/Downloads/jAlbum/lib> 
davidekholm

Posted: 01-Nov-2017 20:19   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger
I've now spent many hours implementing the new folder property panel which has the following purposes:
  • Make it more intuitive to set titles and descriptions for folders, including the root folder
  • Let the user set the representing folder thumbnail, and theme image (can be separate if skin sets the skin property separateThemeImage=true )
  • Allow intuitive cropping of the theme image (most common error in Turtle and Tiger albums that heads are cropped in theme images). The crop focus is set by dragging straight onto the theme image selector

The folder property panels has 3 modes, depending on the capabilities of the skin:
  • When skins don't support theme images, the theme image selector is disabled
  • When skins support theme images (by providing a "folderImageSize" variables, passing a Dimension object with the desired crop dimensions), the theme image selector is active, but doesn't allow drops. Drops onto the thumbnail selector updates the theme image selector
  • When skins support separate theme images, then you may drop images on either selector.

All available in b10. Get new installers for your OS from the top of this thread.

See the updated SkinProperties API docs for the new separateThemeImage and themeImageSizeName properties.

I plan to auto-generate already cropped theme images for the convenience for skin developers. Until then, you can use the "themeImagePath" Album Object property of the current folder to get the path to the separately selected theme image, like this:
path = currentFolder.getProperties().get("themeImagePath");
AlbumObject theme = currentFolder.getChild(path);
davidekholm

Posted: 01-Nov-2017 20:47   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
RobM wrote:
Having updated to Mac OS X 10.13 I can regretfully confirm that for the 14.2 beta the menu fix mentioned here does not fix the problem.

Well of course not. Apple hasn't issued a fix for it. For the present, jAlbum is working around it by placing the menu items in a non-standard location, i.e., not up in the top bar, to the right of the apple symbol. Attached is what I'm seeing. Also macOS 10.13.

Should be fixed in the new beta (get the installer again)
RobM

Posted: 01-Nov-2017 21:13   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
The 'Title' box does not have a white background, as does the description field, so it is not obvious you can edit the text there.
See attached - Mac OS.
jGromit

Posted: 01-Nov-2017 21:20   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:

Win10 version is now running on the bundled Java 9, but macOS version is still stubbornly pointing to the installed JDK 8.

Edit: While the macOS version is still pointing to JDK 8, the menu problem is fixed, but only with the default look-and-feel. With Nimbus, bad things happen, like missing material when I view Help, About, the menu is still in the non-standard location, and I get console errors about things like "Colors and points should be non-null."
RobM

Posted: 01-Nov-2017 21:40   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
davidekholm wrote:

Win10 version is now running on the bundled Java 9, but macOS version is still stubbornly pointing to the installed JDK 8.

I thought only the Windows version had Java 9 and that the Mac version was only bundled with Java 8 - that is what is within the app.
Edit: While the macOS version is still pointing to JDK 8, the menu problem is fixed, but only with the default look-and-feel. With Nimbus, bad things happen, like missing material when I view Help, About, the menu is still in the non-standard location, and I get console errors about things like "Colors and points should be non-null."
Darcula seems ok but yes, the others are off.
davidekholm

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 00:14   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
I thought only the Windows version had Java 9 and that the Mac version was only bundled with Java 8 - that is what is within the app.

True. Haven't updated the bundled Java to Java 9 on Mac as Mac's Java 8 does perfect pixel scaling already. On "popular demand" I can bundle Java 9 with Mac too, but I doubt most people will notice a change. To move to Java 9 for Mac means cutting support for Java 8. I don't want to do that right away.

Darcula seems ok but yes, the others are off.

Will Mac users want to use anything else than Darcula or the system look?
jGromit

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 00:21   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Will Mac users want to use anything else than Darcula or the system look?

Yes, and I'm one of them. The Darcula scheme is hard on my old eyes, and the system L&F makes a complete hash of the settings panel for any skin that has a lot of stuff, like Tiger, Gromit, Matrix - aesthetically awful. On my little Macbook, I default to Nimbus.
jGromit

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 00:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Getting console dumps when loading any of my skins. Not causing any errors, but....
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Input not set
	at java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.gotoImage(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readHeader(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.getRawImageType(Unknown Source)
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.doLoadImage(FileFilters.java:641)
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.loadImage(FileFilters.java:580)
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.loadImage(FileFilters.java:566)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.doGetRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1855)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1748)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1702)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JFolderPropertyPanel$JThumbnailSelector.setAlbumObject(JFolderPropertyPanel.java:320)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JFolderPropertyPanel.lambda$new$0(JFolderPropertyPanel.java:91)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JFolderPropertyPanel.lambda$init$2(JFolderPropertyPanel.java:167)
	at java.desktop/java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.fire(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumFrame.lambda$fireSkinLoaded$3(JAlbumFrame.java:611)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Edit: after recompiling the UI's with the new core, these errors have disappeared. So, ignore this post!
karlmistelberger

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 08:22   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
All available in b10. Get new installers for your OS from the top of this thread.

Downloaded and extracted again jAlbum.zip and invoked jAlbum:
karl@erlangen:~/Downloads/jAlbum/lib> /usr/lib/jalbum/jre64/bin/java -jar jalbum-core.jar 
davidekholm

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 09:56   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
Getting console dumps when loading any of my skins. Not causing any errors, but....
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Input not set
	at java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.gotoImage(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readHeader(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.getRawImageType(Unknown Source)
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.doLoadImage(FileFilters.java:641)
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.loadImage(FileFilters.java:580)
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.loadImage(FileFilters.java:566)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.doGetRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1855)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1748)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1702)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JFolderPropertyPanel$JThumbnailSelector.setAlbumObject(JFolderPropertyPanel.java:320)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JFolderPropertyPanel.lambda$new$0(JFolderPropertyPanel.java:91)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JFolderPropertyPanel.lambda$init$2(JFolderPropertyPanel.java:167)
	at java.desktop/java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.fire(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumFrame.lambda$fireSkinLoaded$3(JAlbumFrame.java:611)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Edit: after recompiling the UI's with the new core, these errors have disappeared. So, ignore this post!

Thanks for reporting. I can't understand why recompiling helps though. I suspect something due to the Java8->Java9 update.
davidekholm

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 10:19   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger
karlmistelberger wrote:
davidekholm wrote:

Downloaded and extracted again jAlbum.zip and invoked jAlbum:

You can't launch the core file directly, you need to put the core file in jAlbum's lib folder and refer to the JAlbum.jar file instead:
/usr/lib/jalbum/jre64/bin/java -jar JAlbum.jar
davidekholm

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 10:46   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
davidekholm wrote:

The Nimbus errors should be fixed if you update the beta core file.
With Nimbus however, the menus goes with the window and not the screen. I think that is up to the look&feel to decide on.
karlmistelberger

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 10:58   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
You can't launch the core file directly, you need to put the core file in jAlbum's lib folder and refer to the JAlbum.jar file instead:
/usr/lib/jalbum/jre64/bin/java -jar JAlbum.jar

Too much traveling made me forget old habits of looking up the invocation of jAlbum before giving it a try. :-( But v14.2b10 built those images without a single flaw. :-)
AndreWolff

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 11:40   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
  • When skins support theme images (by providing a "folderImageSize" variables, passing a Dimension object with the desired crop dimensions), the theme image selector is active, but doesn't allow drops. Drops onto the thumbnail selector updates the theme image selector
  • When skins support separate theme images, then you may drop images on either selector.
Please give the code and the skinfile name which explains me how I can indicate that separate theme images are supported. I can't drag a theme image now to the Theme image box on the folder panel.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums