Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.



Permlink Replies: 356 - Pages: 24 [ Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] - Last Post: 18-Nov-2017 16:56 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Posts: 1,741
Registered: 14-Dec-2007
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 31-Oct-2017 11:50   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
Just a question:

If I make and upload my Photo Spere Viewer test album I see in the system console:

Make album: 0.599s
Zip stream support detected
Album upload: 0.493s
Total upload: 1.308s
I cleared the 'Include lifeboat file setting', so why do I see 'Zip stream support detected'?
http://jalbum.net/help/en/jAlbum/Preferences#Publishing
Thanks Rob!
But I wonder why should anybody clear that Use zipstream check-mark?
jGromit

Posts: 7,351
Registered: 31-Jan-2006
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 31-Oct-2017 13:40   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
But you did not react on my 3th reported bug, the geotagging bug:  Geotagging is not correctly working: after you move the location and click the Make button, the new location is not visible in the album.

You did not solve that problem. Easy solution: add a Save button in the location panel?


Which part of this do you not understand?

davidekholm wrote:
RobM wrote:
David, is it safe to say that if you can find an acceptable solution you will implement an update and that further discussion is counter productive as it diverts your attention from doing so?

Yes and yes :-)


Do you know the meaning of the word, "if?"
AndreWolff

Posts: 1,741
Registered: 14-Dec-2007
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 31-Oct-2017 16:11   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
But you did not react on my 3th reported bug, the geotagging bug:  Geotagging is not correctly working: after you move the location and click the Make button, the new location is not visible in the album.

You did not solve that problem. Easy solution: add a Save button in the location panel?

Which part of this do you not understand?

I do understand it all, because it is my own text.

davidekholm wrote:
RobM wrote:
David, is it safe to say that if you can find an acceptable solution you will implement an update and that further discussion is counter productive as it diverts your attention from doing so?

Yes and yes :-)

Do you know the meaning of the word, "if?"

No of course not, I am Dutch and can’t find the translation in Google Translate!

But I understand you do not want that this bug will be repaired?
jGromit

Posts: 7,351
Registered: 31-Jan-2006
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 31-Oct-2017 16:17   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
But I understand you do not want that this bug will be repaired?

David has very patiently explained to you that the problem is not as simple as you think it is. Adding a "save" button won't help if the component returns the wrong value. He'll fix it if he can figure out an acceptable way to do so.

Stop being rude and demanding about it. This is why you don't get good responses in here.
jGromit

Posts: 7,351
Registered: 31-Jan-2006
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 31-Oct-2017 16:56   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
André, I deleted your last post.

This bug has been reported. There is no simple solution. It's a fringe case. It can be easily avoided (leave Edit mode before making the album).

If you post about this again, the jAlbum team and moderators will be having a discussion about your posting privileges.
AndreWolff

Posts: 1,741
Registered: 14-Dec-2007
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 31-Oct-2017 17:02   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
(Post removed. jAlbum team contacted.)

Edited by: jGromit on 31-Oct-2017 12:04
davidekholm

Posts: 3,559
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 01-Nov-2017 11:22   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:

But you do not explain how a skin developper can read the state of that checkbox!

The upcoming version is still under development. There is now a "projectionType" variable that's present for 360° images, if that "360° image" checkbox is checked. If checked, the value of the projectionType variable is "equirectangular". The projectionType variable is also writtten to the generated json files so skins that rely on json files can identify these files. The rest of the parameters a 360° image viewer may like is embedded into the xmp section of such images.
davidekholm

Posts: 3,559
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 01-Nov-2017 11:23   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:

But you do not explain how a skin developper can read the state of that checkbox!
Naturally I have, it is here, last entry in the metadata section of the skin developer 'Variables' page - a must have resource for skin developers.

You're a hero Rob!
davidekholm

Posts: 3,559
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 01-Nov-2017 11:34   in response to: svendus in response to: svendus
svendus wrote:
All right RobM changed the metadata settings
attach the result

Sorry for not being active in the beta forum a couple of days. I'm busy with the beta development itself. The error you get does not come from metadata-extractor. It's likely to come from the "Include photographic data in generated images" setting. Uncheck it.
It's however safe to include xmp data. (The "Include photographic data" setting sometimes includes too much image format specific metadata which can cause trouble for the JPEG writer)
davidekholm

Posts: 3,559
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 01-Nov-2017 11:41   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
jGromit wrote:
RobM wrote:
Having updated to Mac OS X 10.13 I can regretfully confirm that for the 14.2 beta the menu fix mentioned here does not fix the problem.

Well of course not. Apple hasn't issued a fix for it. For the present, jAlbum is working around it by placing the menu items in a non-standard location, i.e., not up in the top bar, to the right of the apple symbol. Attached is what I'm seeing. Also macOS 10.13.

I was rather hoping that as I have the OS set to English the reported fixes would have worked. Even setting the language & region to pseudo American English didn't work.

Please update to b9 by replacing jalbum-core.jar with this one . That will again put the menu bar at the top of the screen.
davidekholm

Posts: 3,559
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 01-Nov-2017 11:43   in response to: gvmelle in response to: gvmelle
gvmelle wrote:
I have 10.13.1 macOS Beta version 5 (17B46a) running with jalbum 14.2b7 and it shows the menubar. I cheched the info.plist and it states:
<key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key>
<false/>
and I did not change true to false ;-)

Edited by: gvmelle on 30-Oct-2017 14:07


Sorry. I made a quick workaround when this menu issue was first reported and moved the menus down to jAlbum's window. Since we heard about the plist edit workaround I missed to remove the workaround. If you grab the latest beta core jar file now, the menu is back at the top of the screen.
svendus

Posts: 31
Registered: 30-Jun-2007
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 01-Nov-2017 11:47   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
svendus wrote:
All right RobM changed the metadata settings
attach the result

Sorry for not being active in the beta forum a couple of days. I'm busy with the beta development itself. The error you get does not come from metadata-extractor. It's likely to come from the "Include photographic data in generated images" setting. Uncheck it.
It's however safe to include xmp data. (The "Include photographic data" setting sometimes includes too much image format specific metadata which can cause trouble for the JPEG writer)


It is all right David we have had o lot to do also with
Apple iOS 11-11.1-11.2-11-3 and now 11.1

Hate to say it iOS11 must have actuarily been a bad apple :-)

By the way do you go 360 in the jAlbum app ?
davidekholm

Posts: 3,559
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 01-Nov-2017 11:52   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:

[/code] I cleared the 'Include lifeboat file setting', so why do I see 'Zip stream support detected'?
http://jalbum.net/help/en/jAlbum/Preferences#Publishing
Thanks Rob!
But I wonder why should anybody clear that Use zipstream check-mark?

Those two features have nothing to do with each other. Probably no one benefit from switching off zipstream support, but it was hard to know that it would work so solidly when it was released so we made an option to inactivate it.
AndreWolff

Posts: 1,741
Registered: 14-Dec-2007
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 01-Nov-2017 11:55   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Probably no one benefit from switching off zipstream support, but it was hard to know that it would work so solidly when it was released so we made an option to inactivate it.
Then it is now the time to keep it always on and remove the check-mark!
davidekholm

Posts: 3,559
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 01-Nov-2017 11:58   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
But I understand you do not want that this bug will be repaired?

David has very patiently explained to you that the problem is not as simple as you think it is. Adding a "save" button won't help if the component returns the wrong value. He'll fix it if he can figure out an acceptable way to do so.

Stop being rude and demanding about it. This is why you don't get good responses in here.


I agree. We have to balance the benefit of certain fixes with the costs of fixing them. In this case, the cost is currently rather high it seems, and I'll try to focus on getting other things done for the upcoming version. In reality I spend a lot of time on seemingly small parts of jAlbum, fighting unwanted behavior of the Java Swing or JavaFX APIs. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it's not.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums