Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 356 - Pages: 24 [ Previous | 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next ] - Last Post: 18-Nov-2017 16:56 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
davidekholm

Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 03-Nov-2017 01:21   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
RobM wrote:
I was looking at this as a possible way of simplifying what I currently do....

I've started working on a new skin, and while I'm stealing a lot of code from Gromit and Matrix, I'm taking the opportunity to strip out a boatload (polite word) of complexity that those two skins have acquired over the years. If there's actually a demand for some of the more Byzantine stuff, I'll consider adding it.

Hoooray!! :-)
AndreWolff

Posted: 03-Nov-2017 07:38   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
David, I think something is missing in your new folder panel:
I can create a theme image by dragging an image to the Theme image box.
But suppose I next decide that I don't want a theme image: how can I remove the image again from the Theme image box?
I don't see a Remove pop-up menu item.
AndreWolff

Posted: 03-Nov-2017 08:48   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
I plan to put the generated theme image under slides and simply call it “themeImage.jpg”
That will give problems with existing users of my skins, because I use that mostly as default name, so please use a langer name like jAlbumThemeImage.jpg or ja_themeImage.jpg

I hear you. Using a prefix like ja_ is probably a good idea.

I understand that this theme image will be created in the slides sub folder of output directory, but this image is not seen if I do the iteration to compose the thumbnails table on the index page?
And is this one of the first images which is converted after I click the Make button?
So if the index.htt code is executed, the theme image is already created?

Edited by: AndreWolff on 03-Nov-2017 10:00
AndreWolff

Posted: 03-Nov-2017 11:14   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Attachment NoFrog.PNG (98,9 KB)
Attachment Frog.PNG (55,8 KB)
davidekholm wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Bug reports appreciated!
After installing this version with Windows 10, I get the message "JAVA runtime environment not found', see attached screenshot.

I did browse to C:\Program Files\jAlbum\jre64\bin but this did not enable the OK button, so I can't run this new version,

Edited by: AndreWolff on 28-Oct-2017 11:17

Haven't had that reported by anyone else. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling. Ensure the installer is 116 063 512 bytes long.

I get the same error pop-up after I installed the beta version on my Windows 10 laptop and I did solve it in the same way.

This laptop has a 4k display and jAbum looks now good on that display (except of course the line numbers in the editor).

One other thing: if I attach jAlbum on the task toolbar, I don't see the frog (both on my desktop PC and on my laptop).

Edit: Screenshot added

Edited by: AndreWolff on 03-Nov-2017 11:17

Edit:
After using jAlbum a number of times, the frog is displayed in the task toolbar, see screenshot.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 03-Nov-2017 11:34
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 06:25   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
davidekholm wrote:
André, what value have you set your folderImageSize variable to?
To un-dim the theme image I added in the onload.bsh file:
	// Dummy to un-dim the theme image:
public JTextField folderImageSize = new JTextField("1000 x 300");
David, why is folderImageSize a skin variable?

It is much more flexible if you define this as a jAlbum core variable, which can be set in a textbox on your new folder panel.
This allows a user to define the size of the theme image per folder.
davidekholm

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 10:10   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
David, I think something is missing in your new folder panel:
I can create a theme image by dragging an image to the Theme image box.
But suppose I next decide that I don't want a theme image: how can I remove the image again from the Theme image box?
I don't see a Remove pop-up menu item.

The way I'm thinking about it, if you have a skin that supports theme images, and theme image generation is active (a valid folderImageSize variable or equivalent present), then theme images are generated for all folders. A skin can naturally chose to ignore theme images for a certain folder. This behavior is analogous to folder thumbnails. If the user hasn't picked one explicitly, jAlbum picks the 1:st one found.

If you don't want a custom theme image, how about dropping the selected representing folder thumbnail onto the theme image selector?

Now this said (about the indented behavior), I can add a context menu to the selectors with a "Remove" item in it.
davidekholm

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 10:13   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
I plan to put the generated theme image under slides and simply call it “themeImage.jpg”
That will give problems with existing users of my skins, because I use that mostly as default name, so please use a langer name like jAlbumThemeImage.jpg or ja_themeImage.jpg

I hear you. Using a prefix like ja_ is probably a good idea.

I understand that this theme image will be created in the slides sub folder of output directory, but this image is not seen if I do the iteration to compose the thumbnails table on the index page?
And is this one of the first images which is converted after I click the Make button?
So if the index.htt code is executed, the theme image is already created?

Edited by: AndreWolff on 03-Nov-2017 10:00

There will probably be there variables for you to refer to: themePath, themeWidth and themeHeight. The image itself is however generated after index file processing, but before postdir. That's the plan at least :-)
davidekholm

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 10:15   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:

One other thing: if I attach jAlbum on the task toolbar, I don't see the frog (both on my desktop PC and on my laptop).
After using jAlbum a number of times, the frog is displayed in the task toolbar, see screenshot.

Thanks for reporting. Don't think I have much control over that aspect though.
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 10:17   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
The image itself is however generated after index file processing, but before postdir. That's the plan at least :-)
That will make it for me complicated because I check in index.htt whether the theme image generated via your new panel exists. If not I take as theme image the theme image generated via my current solution. I have to do this for existing users.
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 10:19   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Now this said (about the indented behavior), I can add a context menu to the selectors with a "Remove" item in it.
That would be my prefered solution and it works with all skins!
davidekholm

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 10:21   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
David, why is folderImageSize a skin variable?

It is much more flexible if you define this as a jAlbum core variable, which can be set in a textbox on your new folder panel.
This allows a user to define the size of the theme image per folder.

I understand... Well I admit it's intuitive to have such a setting close to the theme image selectors, but most skins don't support theme images. One could have a skin property that needs to be set to make this size box visible, but then you have other skins that only considers the height to be relevant (Tiger, Turtle...). By allowing the skin to provide the size, it can decide on the visual representation itself. (The skin may for instance only provide a height selector and build the full dimension representation to a hidden field)
davidekholm

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 10:24   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
The image itself is however generated after index file processing, but before postdir. That's the plan at least :-)
That will make it for me complicated because I check in index.htt whether the theme image generated via your new panel exists. If not I take as theme image the theme image generated via my current solution. I have to do this for existing users.

Never refer directly to the UI when generating skins. That will break console mode skin generation. You will be able to simply write:
<ja: if exists="themePath">....
davidekholm

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 10:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Reading your input and thinking about it, here's how I envision theme image generation to work:

1) If jAlbum detects the presense of a variable matching the "themeImageSizeName" skin property, for instance "themeImageSize", it activates generation of theme images.
2) Folder thumbnail generation is untouched (for now)
3) jAlbum will now identify the theme image. It will look for the "themeImagePath" as a property of the current folder. If found, it will locate the theme image via it. If not found, it will use the same album object used to generate the representing folder thumbnail.
4) The core will compare last-modified-dates to figure out if the theme image needs to be regenerated or not. If the existing theme image is valid, it stops here.
Otherwise:
5) The theme images is loaded
6) Existing image filters for the theme image is ignored for several good reasons
7) The theme image is scaled and cropped to fit within "themeImageSize". jAlbum will use the xWeight and yWeight user variables of the selected theme image along with the themeImageSize variable for scaling and cropping
8) Theme image is saved as ja_theme.jpg to the slides folder of the current folder.
9) The variables themeWidth, themeHeight and themePath are generated

Sounds good? Perhaps drop "Image" from all variable references for consistency as we already have closeupPath and thumbPath etc.
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 10:31   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
One could have a skin property that needs to be set to make this size box visible, but then you have other skins that only considers the height to be relevant (Tiger, Turtle...).
Good idea and if width is empty it can be used by (Tiger, Turtle...).
By allowing the skin to provide the size, it can decide on the visual representation itself. (The skin may for instance only provide a height selector and build the full dimension representation to a hidden field)
Yes but if you enable the possibility to define the size on your panel, you get a universal UI and all skins can quickly implement the benefits of your new panel!
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 10:38   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Reading your input and thinking about it, here's how I envision theme image generation to work:

1) If jAlbum detects the presense of a variable matching the "themeImageSizeName" skin property, for instance "themeImageSize", it activates generation of theme images.

There is already a skin variable: separateThemeImage=true is that not sufficient to activate the generation?
Sounds good?
Yes, but a size definition on your new panel would be appreciated!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 04-Nov-2017 10:40
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums