This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25-Oct-2017 22:16 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
leifklasson

Can't open *.jap files on new PC
Posted: 25-Oct-2017 21:45

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi. moved all my albums on a separate USB HD, from Jalbum V13 windows 10, to a new PC with Jalbum 14.1 and windows 10. Now I can't move *.jap files, open them or import as configuration to new albums, it always says Access denied. I am admin on my computer, has been into file properties both for parent folder(s) and for the *jap file itself, checked full acces and owner of file. But, still can't open or copy the file??

/Leif
jGromit

Re: Can't open *.jap files on new PC
Posted: 25-Oct-2017 22:11   in response to: leifklasson in response to: leifklasson

Attachment ss003331.png (16,8 KB)
This isn't really a jAlbum bug at all - it's purely a Windows problem (jAlbum isn't even launching, since Windows won't let you open the file).

But it's clearly a permissions issue. I ran into something similar on Win10 about a year ago, when I was having trouble getting to files in my own Pictures library. I opened up the properties for that folder, and headed for the Security tab. I found that I had to explicitly give the owner of the files all of the access permissions, as in the attached screenshot.

You're probably going to have to do some poking around to see if something similar is set wrong on your system. In my case, I certainly hadn't changed anything, so I never did figure out how things had gotten mangled.
jGromit

Re: Can't open *.jap files on new PC
Posted: 25-Oct-2017 22:16   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

BTW, can you open a project from within jAlbum?
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums