This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Oct-2017 21:40 Last Post By: MarkusD
MarkusD

Prev/Next in middle of thumbs page
Posted: 16-Oct-2017 19:51

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I spotted some strange looking thumb pages, see screenshot. Live page here.

Page buttons for previous and next page are in the middle of the pictures thumbs. All other pages of this trip show the same behaviour. But other trips are all ok, example with more than 10 pictures here.

I think that this is a Tiger issue, because I haven't seen this under Turtle.

Attached also the jap-file,

Any idea what could be wrong here? I suspect maybe some of my HTML-code in the comment of such a thumb page could be wrong. Thanks in advance, Markus
jGromit

Re: Prev/Next in middle of thumbs page
Posted: 16-Oct-2017 20:35   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
Helpful
Yes, you've got some invalid HTML in there, which is probably causing the problems. View the page in Firefox and ask it to display the page source code - you'll see a number of red HTML tags, indicating things that haven't been closed properly. The bad HTML seems to be in your description field, which you're showing as a custom content section on the page.
RobM

Posted: 16-Oct-2017 21:29   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Helpful
jGromit wrote:
Yes, you've got some invalid HTML in there, which is probably causing the problems. View the page in Firefox and ask it to display the page source code - you'll see a number of red HTML tags, indicating things that haven't been closed properly. The bad HTML seems to be in your description field, which you're showing as a custom content section on the page.
I think it is the paragraph tags opened at line 85, try removing them from around the h5 tags.
<p><h5><strong>04.02.2015 Zusammenfassung Tromsø
Sonnenaufgang: 09:07:01<br>
Mittag: 11:58:05<br>
Sonnenuntergang: 14:49:09</strong>
</h5></p>
RobM

Posted: 16-Oct-2017 21:39   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

There is no end strong tag too.
MarkusD

Posted: 16-Oct-2017 21:40   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
jGromit wrote:
I think it is the paragraph tags opened at line 85, try removing them from around the h5 tags.
<p><h5><strong>04.02.2015 Zusammenfassung Tromsø
Sonnenaufgang: 09:07:01<br>
Mittag: 11:58:05<br>
Sonnenuntergang: 14:49:09</strong>
</h5></p>
Yes, that was the bad code. I deleted that h5, which made no sense anyway and corrected the opening and closing strong tags. Fixed now. Thanks a lot.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums