This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Oct-2017 03:06 Last Post By: romendo
romendo

Folder thumbnails are not being created
Posted: 15-Oct-2017 02:07

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi there,

I have started with my own skin in order to integrate an existing web-site template. I am not sure if it is a problem with my skin, but jAlbum no longer creates folder thumbnails. When I switch to another skin (e.g. Tiger) then they are created).

What possible setting am I overlooking that could affect the folder thumbnail not to get generated anymore?

Thanks,
Roland
RobM

Re: Folder thumbnails are not being created
Posted: 15-Oct-2017 12:13   in response to: romendo in response to: romendo

Have you checked ‘Use thumbnail for folder icon’ in Settings/Advanced
jGromit

Posted: 15-Oct-2017 13:29   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Correct
It should also be pointed out that the jAlbum core doesn't generate anything called, for example, folderthumb.jpg. That's something that Laza's skins do on their own, for their own reasons (for example, to create a thumbnail image with different image bounds from the other thumbnails). jAlbum just generates a thumbnail for each image, like thumbs/mydog.jpg.

If the user has not chosen to have one of the images in a folder used as the folder thumbnail, then an iconPath variable exists, and is used to represent the folder. If he has chosen an image to use for the folder, then thumbPath points to it.

Take a look at the index.htt template in the Minimal skin, lines 39-44. If the object is an image, thumbPath points to its thumbnail. If the object is a folder, thumbPath points to the thumbnail of the image within that folder that's been chosen to represent the folder.
romendo

Posted: 15-Oct-2017 15:50   in response to: romendo in response to: romendo

Thank you both for your answers. After posting yesterday I poked around in other skins and had the suspicion that this is specific to Laza's skins.

I got most of it working now but not sure if I am doing it the right way. I had to use

<%= imagePath.replace("thumbs", "slides"); %>

to get the full-size image for the folder I want to link to since I could not find a variable that points to it instead of the thumbnail size.
RobM

Posted: 15-Oct-2017 17:03   in response to: romendo in response to: romendo

romendo wrote:
Thank you both for your answers. After posting yesterday I poked around in other skins and had the suspicion that this is specific to Laza's skins.

I got most of it working now but not sure if I am doing it the right way. I had to use

to get the full-size image for the folder I want to link to since I could not find a variable that points to it instead of the thumbnail size.

It's as good a way as any, but you will need to test if the current object is a folder, if not presumably you still want the normal thumbnail image.

When trying to find a variable, or looking how to arrive at a required answer, I always drop in a 'current' statement i.e. ${current}
That will list all of the related variable attributes.
jGromit

Posted: 15-Oct-2017 17:27   in response to: romendo in response to: romendo

romendo wrote:

A bit safer, so that if you happen to have an image called iamallthumbs.jpg you don't get any unexpected replacements:
<%=imagePath.replace("/thumbs/", "/slides/"); %>
romendo

Posted: 16-Oct-2017 03:06   in response to: romendo in response to: romendo

Thanks again for your replies. I got everything to work and am pretty happy with my new skin. I wanted to keep using jAlbum because it makes things so easy but I also wanted to have a different appearance.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums