This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-Oct-2017 08:50 Last Post By: Laza
luboice

Folder thumbnails with duplicate name
Posted: 12-Oct-2017 11:04

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello there!

Recently I moved to the Tiger skin and found that when subfolders have images with duplicate names and set for folder thumbnails only the last one is used for displaying the thumb. It's because every folder thumbnail goes to "thumbs\folder" under the output directory and replaces the previous one with the same name.

Cheers for the best skin!

Edited by: luboice on 12-Oct-2017 11:04
Laza

Re: Folder thumbnails with duplicate name
Posted: 12-Oct-2017 11:44   in response to: luboice in response to: luboice

Yes, this is how jAlbum works - you can't have two files with the same base names in the same folder.
luboice

Posted: 12-Oct-2017 22:47   in response to: luboice in response to: luboice

OK, maybe that's a behavior I didn't notice when I was using the Turtle skin for my aggregating album - I output all my albums as subfolders of a single folder then I build an album for these output folders only as indexing album. As you know Canon uses only four digits for naming :) and this way happened duplication for the thumb images. Anyway, I'll workaround with some rename of files.

Thanks!
Laza

Posted: 13-Oct-2017 08:50   in response to: luboice in response to: luboice

Yes, this proved to be a poor design choice to use only 4 digits, like IMG_0001.JPG, but that time many OS's were able to use only 8 digits as file names, plus 3 as extensions. No one thought you'll have more than 10 000 images in your whole life. :) Using folders - based on dates for example - to sort out large number of images might help.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums