This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Oct-2017 22:26 Last Post By: jGromit
ErikN

Looks like a mess in mobile devices
Posted: 01-Oct-2017 23:58

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I really like Turtle. But it is one problem there for me. I don't know if it is me not finding the right settings, if it is Jalbum related or skin itself.

Remarks, thumbnails are not shown on mobile device. But when you get to the pictures it is looking nice and you can scroll through the images.

Compare by yourself from a computer and from a mobile device and tell me what I am doing wrong. I am using an Android phone and tested with a few different viewers with same result.

Http//:erikn.jalbum.net and choose as an example FBI Tullinge 2017-18.
jGromit

Re: Looks like a mess in mobile devices
Posted: 02-Oct-2017 02:31   in response to: ErikN in response to: ErikN

If you view an album that's listed on your profile page on a mobile device, the default setting causes that album to be shown using jAlbum's own mobile interface. In other words, when viewed on a phone, it's not being shown with the Turtle skin at all.

You can force the album to be shown with its actual skin by going to your profile page, hovering on the thumbnail for that album, choosing Edit album, and then checking the box to disable the automatic mobile version.

However, Turtle is not a fully-responsive skin, unlike Tiger, it's new incaration, so it's not going to work well on a smartphone.

A quick comparison....

A Turtle album, but it uses the jAlbum mobile skin when viewed on a phone: https://jgromit.jalbum.net/TurtleMobile/

The same Turtle album, but it actually uses Turtle even on a phone: https://jgromit.jalbum.net/TurtleNormal/
ErikN

Posted: 14-Oct-2017 21:50   in response to: ErikN in response to: ErikN

OK. I tried that. It is even worse with turtle on a mobile. So now I don't know what to do. Mobile devices are the thing coming in future, and it needs to be correct on these media devices also.

This will be a challenge, I need to do a lot of research if I find any skin that suits my needs.
jGromit

Posted: 14-Oct-2017 22:20   in response to: ErikN in response to: ErikN

If you mostly like Turtle, but want your albums to be fully responsive on mobiles, then the answer is simple: Tiger.

Edit: There actually aren't all that many skins that are fully responsive. Just head for the skins page - https://jalbum.net/en/skins/new - and check the Responsive layout box.

There are only 18, and that really overstates it. Two of the skins, MinimalFX and MinimalWeb, are just variations on Minimal, more as coding demonstrations than anything else. A few of them are really just skeletons of skins, done by long-gone jAlbum interns, with few options and no meaningful support.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums